Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-06-2013, 10:07 AM   #141 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

I love the Valisneria ^_^ one of my favorite plants Tanks looks good though! !

Yup, I think I'm going to get a Gold Gourami instead of angel's when we get our tank set up! It will be less stressful on me so I don't have to worry about fish getting eaten as much and Soleil just looks so damn cute! Lovin' her!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:46 PM   #142 
Elsewhere

Haha, thanks, I'm trying to make a wall of Valisneria! Just couldn't fit the last one, so it's all alone by the cup :P

Yes! I have brought you over to the golden side! My aunt once had angels and she said "Never again" when they died. And she is super adorable! Not too friendly, yet, though. The Barbs swarm my fingers when I stick them in, but Soleil swims for her precious Valisneria, haha!
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:49 PM   #143 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Lol, I saw golden's well before but I had been debating between the two since my LFS has this gorgeous pair of Angel's and they just had babies! Cutest thing ever! And one of my friend's friend's mom has been breeding angel's for a long time and she loves them. But I just think that Gourami's would be a better choice, there's more choice for tank mates as well.

I'm wondering though if I want just one or to do a pair; one golden and one opaline. If I get the 55 that I want then I'll try the pair but I think if we go smaller, I'll just stick with the golden ^_^
Old 08-06-2013, 05:01 PM   #144 
Elsewhere

Yeah, I think that when they're young they're okay together in small spaces, but as they get older and more dominant, you need much more room. But that would be such a cool colour combination! And yes, tank mates galore!

I was really worried last night about the Otos, they were just hiding and not moving. I turned off the light and asked my mum to turn it on when I was at the tank, and she did and they were sucking on the glass before they swam away. I think the girls just frighten them too much to come out during the day- hopefully this will change when they're gone ^.^
Old 08-06-2013, 06:29 PM   #145 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Ah yeah that's normal, most algae eaters are nocturnal or just prefer the night time more since they don't have too much defense as the predators out in the day do. So it's sort of like their defense just to hide
Old 08-07-2013, 12:42 PM   #146 
Elsewhere

Just got back from a friend's, and Soleil came to greet me at long last :) Still terrified of my fingers, but we're getting there! I'm planning on adding in a couple of big rocks from my mum's garden after I boil them and either placing them separately around the 30g or silicone them together and make something out of them, since I read Gourami's like rocks :P I'm looking for more driftwood but my pet stores and stream are seriously lacking this summer.

I'm thinking of a little photoshoot when I get back from work with all of the fishies, including my boys. Pigg's tail is looking much better now and I want to get a shot of No Name's growing tail as well :D The Bettafix instructions seem a little sketchy to me, so I may just have to deny them and do a WC before the seven days and start over, because the medicine is making No Name's tank look a little cloudy. Over protective much? XD I'm hoping he can go to a home I've picked out, but I need to see their tank first and if they have a heater, otherwise it's Kijiji or I'll need to find him some accommodations here >:)
Old 08-07-2013, 12:45 PM   #147 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Awww Soleil being cute!!! Love it! That's great ^_^

YES! PHOTOSHOOT! I wants to see everyone! lol

As for the BettaFix, you can pretty much do water changes when you want and just redose the tank. I was using MelaFix with bad case of fin rot and did water changes daily and just added back in my 2-3 drops of MelaFix and it worked just fine
Old 08-07-2013, 04:50 PM   #148 
Elsewhere

Perfect! I'll get those pics done ASAP! And awesomeness on the BettaFix, I'll clean out his tank tomorrow. I would do it tonight, but I am so tired right now. Sooooo tired! :P
Old 08-07-2013, 04:53 PM   #149 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Ugg I hear ya! I'm supposed to be doing my water changes right now but I'm feeling rather lazy! I need to get them done though since tomorrow I go to work then to hang with a friend for a bit and get a filter and then off to an appointment. Then Friday I go from work to pet-sitting at my aunt's and then Saturday I'll be across the state (yes I know it's not very far but I'm not driving 50 minutes each way to go do water changes lol) and then pet-sitting again Saturday night-Monday morning.....soooo yeah....guess I should do them...sigh.

can't wait to see pics though! ^_^
Old 08-07-2013, 04:54 PM   #150 
Elsewhere

Yeah, I know how you feel! Stayed over a friend's house, then worked, then dog walked and got eaten alive (I'm over-sensitive to horsefly, deerfly and mosquito bites) so now my energy is just sucked out!