Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-05-2013, 03:18 PM   #11 
Elsewhere

OKAY! Gotten another new plant for the tank, added two snails last night, getting most of the girls and 4-8 new plants tonight! Coming along well, added some Seachem Flourish yesterday for the first time... Hoping all goes well!
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:42 AM   #12 
Elsewhere

I got the seven girls! That makes nine in total. I'll put pics and names up tomorrow... All seven new girls are VT and my two current girls are HMPK. I'm getting a bunch of plants on Sunday, and then every opportunity for the next two weeks. I might have to QT for 3 weeks just to get plants... I'll be getting the Albino Cories after the girls are done with QT-ing.
Old 04-07-2013, 01:37 PM   #13 
Elsewhere

The girls all seem to still be doing great, getting a crap load of plants today- sale at PetSmart!
Old 04-07-2013, 07:46 PM   #14 
Elsewhere

Just got back from PetSmart with the plants! They accidentally gave me too extras without charging >:D I got:

Two Water Wisteria
Four Cabomba
Three (supposed to be two) Java Ferns
One Anubias
Three (supposed to be two) Jungle Valisneria
One Medium Sword

I also added yesterday two dying Corkscrew Valisneria from one of my other tanks, so all of this is added on to the Medium Sword and Water Wisteria that was originally there... PICTURES:

I'm beginning to wonder if I'm just talking to myself :P Probably... No big deal! XDXDXD
Old 04-09-2013, 01:24 AM   #15 
dramaqueen
Banned

2 free plants. Good deal!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:32 AM   #16 
bniebetta

youre not talking to yourself... I am pretty much staking anyone with, starting, or thinking about starting a sorority right now.... :p
bniebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:06 PM   #17 
Elsewhere

Yay, peoples! XD I thought I was going a LITTLE BIT crazy LOL I added a baffle to the filter today, as my plants kept getting uprooted by he snails and then the filter just made it worse... Everything has been replanted to the VERY BOTTOM of the gravel now :D

My dog is a little too interested in this. She just sits there, staring at the tank, waiting for something to move aha. Oh, and my cat is very interested in the fish on my desk... he won't leave them alone!

The plants are growing like CRAZY in the short two days I've had them; I added a tiny bit more Seachem Flourish (it says once a week for 60 gallons, the cap filled, so I fill half of the cap and do that once a week) but I'm trying to get the whole every water changing day (Sunday) think going in my brain.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:04 PM   #18 
Elsewhere

So the girls are doing great, and the two that had ripped fins (Hestia and Gaia) seem all better! I have decided that after I put the girls in the tank I'll put my boys in a divided 10g. While I have the space for them both to have their own 10 gallons each, my mum is super mad about the expenses of running so many tanks :/ Right now I have six going, and after everyone is in their own tanks it will be reduced to two.

I still haven't told my aunt about my change of heart to a sorority. She gave me the tank and wanted input on what I did to it, but so far I don't have the courage to tell her about the girls. I can already feel her shameful look... I guess she'll find out when she comes down this weekend and casually sees the 11 Bettas hanging out around my room XD
Old 04-11-2013, 11:58 AM   #19 
Elsewhere

Some of my swords from my other tanks have blossomed and I collected EIGHT NEW SWORDS for the 30g!!! They have all been planted :D It WAS nine, but looking away for two seconds lost one to my dog... Stupid Holly XD But hey, eight is still PRETTY AWESOME!
Old 04-11-2013, 08:16 PM   #20 
Elsewhere

So I went into a pet store for kitten stuff today... And came out with a brilliantly white female Betta with the potential of red fins... Whoops! My bad! Guess I should keep her and call her number ten! XD