Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-18-2013, 10:18 PM   #201 
Elsewhere

Oh thank you. You are honestly one of my favourite people and need to move to Ontario! I hadn't filled it up all the way, I thought it was just half way! Erg, these electronics and their doo-hickeys! In case you haven't noticed, I'm pretty much an old lady on the inside when it comes to anything with a plug. I shall fix this up tomorrow after my WC and hopefully have it working like a charm! Now I have to go and apologize to my mother for raging at the filter... XD
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:24 PM   #202 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Oh you're welcome! I wish I could move to Canada, there's so many awesome people up there! But I do love New England as well....too bad I can't have like, a summer home up there and then winter down here lol I like the colder weather anyway, hate summers here and I would dread it even more if I was down south!

Yeah, most filters have to be primed although some of the fancy fancy ones can self-prime! So that's always interesting XD
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:54 PM   #203 
Mar

Aawesome people in Canada eh? ;)
But seriously, lil, you should come!%
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:43 AM   #204 
Elsewhere

Oh don't you worry- winters down here get pretty intense! At recess when I was in Public School they made us go out in -40. Yeah. Great school. One kid got frostbite o.O

Mar! Good to see that Lil and I are being stalked! Haha! I totally agree with you!

I hooked up the filter and it looks great! Also messaged Logisticsguy, now I just need to cautiously approach my mother. But not tomorrow, maybe Tuesday, when things have calmed down :P We're going out "fish shopping" Tuesday, and if we find nothing I'll casually bring up a breeder I found in Canada that can safely ship :D
Old 08-19-2013, 09:33 AM   #205 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

I hope she takes the bait!!!

And lol to you two XD yes, there are awesome people in Canada, but I do love New England so much :-/ Well, I hate how humid it gets during the summer, not the heat but the humidity gets me. Winter's are nice except for when we have freak blizzards or crazy hurricanes up the coast that devastate our beaches, knock out our power and then we can't shower for a week >.> well that's a lie lol, we go to family and friends to shower lol But it sucks living on the coastline sometimes, I love that I'm 10 minutes from a beach but at the same time....all the beach traffic and then blizzards/hurricanes >.< fun times in the good ol' NE!
Old 08-19-2013, 01:58 PM   #206 
Elsewhere

Erg, Logisticsguy says it's still 35 bucks for shipping. Why, Canada, why?! So it's not just Hung, I guess, it's all of Canada. I need to email someone about this! LOL!

I totally understand, my town is right on Lake Ontario and traffic gets NUTS. Plus, we get around 6 snow days a year at my high school with the insane weather.

Might be bumping fish buying to tonight, but it all depends. Cleaning out the 30g soon, gonna try and scrape off the pesky green algae that all of my beautiful algae eaters ignore -_- The new filter works BEAUTIFULLY. It's already taken away most of the driftwood tanins that've been seeping through. I might just get some more plants tonight or tomorrow, because I just never have enough plants! (Using sarcastic voice)
Old 08-19-2013, 06:12 PM   #207 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

It's because it's two day shipping, all shipping is like that, even here in the US. I just sent fish through the male and for 3 day it was 6.95 but for 2 day express it was 35, so that's completely normal. Shipping is the worst part of the payment honestly but you'll get that pretty much anywhere. Besides, it's only 2 days for the fish in the mail and pretty much guarantee's live arrival.

I'm glad the filter is working haha, see, trouble pays sometimes XD YES PLANTS! I love plants and I agree, you can never have too many!
Old 08-19-2013, 09:37 PM   #208 
Elsewhere

Ah, that makes sense... Stupid postal services!

So I purchased girl #7. No pics yet, as it's too dark. That and I'm too lazy to get my camera. She's a white VT with purple fins and purple dots on her. She's very pretty and I just couldn't pass her up :) I'll be QT-ing her for ten days, because all of these fish have come from the same place (I've asked and they all order from the same warehouse), so I'm lowering the QT time for her.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:06 PM   #209 
Elsewhere

Oh my, 21 pages on this Journal... I really need to make some new friends or something XD

So today I was looking through some past pictures of le fishies, and came across some old Pigg ones. Checking the dates I realized that this Friday is out fourteen month anniversary together. I have never owned a "Personal Pet" for this long, and especially one that I took such terrible care of in the beginning and that has been through so many phases and illnesses with me. So without further ado, until Friday there will be daily pictures of my little "Piggly Puff" going onto the Journal!

Pigg nearly fourteen months ago:

Pigg a few days ago:

And the promised pics of Unnamed Girl:

But of course Andromeda and Artemis had to bomb the photo...

This is the biggest non-Mystery snail I've ever had in my tanks. He's just eating away at the algae, so I've left him for now. But I worry about how many more there'll be...

And a full tank view...

Plus something extra :)
Old 08-20-2013, 10:27 PM   #210 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Oh it's a Pond snail! And no worries, your girls will probably eat any babies it has. I used to have a snail infestation....used to. lol

Love your kitty kat!!!