Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-21-2013, 09:38 PM   #221 
Elsewhere

Haha, thanks! And you go girl! I actually went to my local Humane Society a while back, and they had three kittens IDENTICAL to Norman. I mean, IDENTICAL. There was no way they shared a father, because I live an hour from there and so did his owner, plus his mum was only out for three days, no way she made it that far XD The kittens apparently came from an area another half hour from the society.

Well my mum got August declawed, I didn't know what it was when I was ten, so one of her conditions for Norman was he also had to get declawed. It took me nearly losing him and almost getting permanently grounded for her to see my point of view and not do it. What really made her go over the edge was the vet saying he was against it :P But it still doesn't mean other users have to be jerks about it... ANYWHO.

Little Andromeda is already looking better. Her fins have had some regrowth on them all week, and I didn't want that to be ruined. She seems cheerier and is swimming around in little circles in her cup.

Kassiandra seems a bit cheerier too, I feel like the Daphnia helped.

I may or may not have a new betta tomorrow night... I have to go to a pet store a bit far away to get eye drops for my dog, who's itching them like there's no tomorrow, and they happen to sell bettas... And I now have a spare 2.5g QT that could totally be used to help a betta in need... Or house a new female... NO. STOP BRAIN. STOP NOW.
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:49 PM   #222 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yeah I hear you, everyone freaked out on me for not having Misha fixed but I'm like....she's a stray cat that wondered onto OUR property and just gave kittens that we didn't know about for a week! And yeah, I get that being fixed is a great thing but kind of having no money is sort of a problem but no one would listen to me and kept barrating me about it! I was seriously getting angry at that point >.> not even my cat!

She is now though still not fixed but that will be remedied soon! So yeah, know how you feel about that.

Glad they seem better!! I've just got Jewel in a cup because someone bit her anal fin right to the body and I'd rather not have her get an infection so into the cup with 2 drops of MelaFix she goes! lol

Well if you happen to see a beautiful girl that you just cannot pass up!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:56 PM   #223 
Elsewhere

I remember that too... *Sigh* Why can't people try and understand our predicaments? XD A lot of people (not on here) got really mad that the owner even let her cat (Suzanne) have kittens, but she was literally going to get her fixed the next week when she got out in heat, and... You get it. We're pretty sure there were three fathers in the litter, and Suzanne will be fixed soon :)

Oh my goodness, that is just... Ugh, I can't imagine how painful that would be! Why do these girls have to be so mean so each other, their not in high school! :P

I was there a while back and saw a girl I was tempted to get, but there was still hope for AB girl at that point. It turns out she must have been Unnamed Girl's twin sister, because thinking back they're almost identical, just like Demeter and Andromeda :) I might just have to pick her up... XD There were a couple of girls only at that store, everyone seems to have run dry of super gorgeous girls LOL.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:00 PM   #224 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yeah, seriously! Things happen and we can't stop all of it! Pretty sure our litter had two fathers ^_^ hence two being black and two being white lol

And it might have been the Ram's that bit her, not exactly sure since she never had bites before the Rams came in. I think the ram's constant sparring is really upsetting the girls :-/
Old 08-21-2013, 10:09 PM   #225 
Elsewhere

Yeah, I was reading about that in your journal... Any idea as to when your mum's tank will be up and running? I can't remember how long ago you got the Ram's, haha. All those pages began to blend together after around twenty...

I was texting with the woman that took little No Name, and he's doing GREAT. She says his 5g will be there soon, and he'll have it all to himself on her kitchen counter for all to see :)
Old 08-21-2013, 10:11 PM   #226 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

lol, and no idea about the tank. It's still sitting in our basement and the piano is still there lol so whenever we get rid of the piano, I can set that tank up And the Ram's I've had for about two weeks now

Glad No-name is doing well!! I hope she can send you pictures so that we can see his progress you should tell her to join here so I can stalk him lol
Old 08-21-2013, 10:25 PM   #227 
Elsewhere

Yup, that's how my 30g was at my aunt's, until I was like "Hey Aunt Tracy... You ever gonna use that?" XD Thinking back, that thing was NARSTY. It had been a Hermit Crab tank, so there was plain old sand that hadn't been cleaned in two years, and there was poop ALL OVER the glass. We even re-painted the stand, since it was covered in old paint splotches... I really wish that I had've taken a pic before I cleaned it, because it was SUCH an improvement on my part after six hours of cleaning.

She just lives up the road from me, so I can visit him whenever I like :) I'll probably go up and snap some pics next week.

Oh my God. I start school in two Tuesdays. NO. NO. NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Old 08-22-2013, 09:38 AM   #228 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

lol yeah, me too! Although I start Band Camp this coming week...shall be fun! I can't wait to see everyone but with my back; I pulled some muscles so I'm not going to have fun standing at attention for 10 minutes at a time in the blistering hot sun >.>
Old 08-22-2013, 09:40 AM   #229 
Elsewhere

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=252369

A little Lego house I built for Pigg, just because I was super bored XD Well there goes my Lego supply... ANYWAYS.

Andromeda looks great. She's really perked up, now that she isn't being hounded on my her sister and fellow tank mates!

Everyone in the 30g is getting a fast today, because I keep accidentally overfeeding them... I don't mean to, it's just not as strict of rules as Bettas, so I keep thinking "Well, a little bit more wouldn't be awful of me..." And then you know the rest. So I'm fasting today, and for the weekend only morning feedings.

EDIT** Oh man, sucks about your back! I know the feeling... I've had quite a few injuries like that in the past years XD
Old 08-22-2013, 10:03 AM   #230 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

That's really cute!!

Glad Andromeda is doing well too!

Oh you feed twice a day? I only feed once normally but twice on Saturday's and then just a tiny bit on Sunday morning because they fast Monday and Tuesday to Wednesday afternoon since I'm not around.

And yeah, my first year at band camp four years ago my new friends and I were running across the road and I decided to do a flying leap to the curb and well, I meant to land on my left foot but somehow the right stuck out and I basically curb stomped the curb....My foot hurt but didn't think anything about it until we got to the dorm where I was temporarily staying and took off my shoe; insta-swell! So I was on crutches for the last two days of band camp lol but sort of marching by the end and so I won the award: I Survived Band Camp and my comment was; My doctor told me not to walk, he never said anything about marching XD

So anyway, point of story is that my foot is acting up again so not only did I pull a muscle in my back but also my right shoulder and now my foot has been aching so that's been wrapped up the last two days >.< I can't ever catch a break and this is why I'm so aptly nick named "Little Miss Whoops" in my Fraternity lol