Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-23-2013, 08:54 AM   #251 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Oh that's a nice name for her!

Yeah it helps that I'm not there for fasting day's lol so no matter what, they aren't getting fed!!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:09 AM   #252 
Elsewhere

Thanks! I think it sounds nice when I feed her. "Morning Aether. Stop. Stop now. No. You are NOT coming out of that cup! NO! Stop with the eyes!"

Ugh, lucky you. They just look at me with those sad little eyes. Begging and pleading for some food. WELL NO MORE! I'm heading down to my LPS today, hoping they might've gotten a new shipment of mini heaters in, as the one in the 2.5g has been heating it waaay too high lately. I kept have to unplug it and then plug it back in... Stupid piece of crap non adjustable...
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:11 AM   #253 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

lol, that's a good brand name for non-adjustable heaters: Crap! XD good luck finding one though
Old 08-23-2013, 09:44 AM   #254 
Elsewhere

Thanks! Oh, and I've been meaning to ask you- any idea on Rock Shrimp with Boreas? Their such cute little dudes, and I was wondering if I could keep one in Boreas's 5g, or would it just be murder-fest?
Old 08-23-2013, 09:55 AM   #255 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Depends on how big it is, I've never heard of a Rock Shrimp before so I don't really know. I find that shrimp who are bigger than 1.5 inches tend to last better, but bigger is always better when it comes to them. You could have 1 Amano shrimp, they get a good 2 inches when full grown.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:01 AM   #256 
Elsewhere

I think they said three inches when fully grown, but you know PetSmart -_- I'll do some more research and then get back to you XD
Old 08-23-2013, 10:42 AM   #257 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Are you sure it isn't a Bamboo Shrimp/Wood Shrimp? I've never heard of a Rock Shrimp being in freshwater before, usually they're saltwater and end up on peoples dinner plates lol. Bamboo shrimp can get up to 5 inches I believe though, but they are strictly herbivores I'm fairly sure!

http://www.planetinverts.com/Bamboo_Shrimp.html
Old 08-23-2013, 02:27 PM   #258 
Elsewhere

Yeah, that's what it looks like! But it is PetSmart, so you can never count on what they say -_- They once said I could keep two male Mollies in a 5g healthily. Yeeaaah. That worked out GREAT.

I don't think I could keep one in Boreas's tank, since there's no filter. I also don't want anything else in my filtered tanks, so little Mr. Shrimp will have to wait a while :) But I do love shrimp, and will look into Amano's!
Old 08-23-2013, 02:57 PM   #259 
Elsewhere

Soooo... I may or may not be murdered tonight... Keep the police on speed dial! I've contacted a guy who's selling his 20g with EVERYTHING for 50 bucks. Super interested, but mum will kill me if I even bring it up. Only reason is so it's a bigger space and I could possibly up it to ten girls to spread out the aggression- plus, it would fit on my dresser! MWUAHAHA. Probably a definite NO, but I'll tentatively give a shot tonight :)
Old 08-23-2013, 08:45 PM   #260 
Elsewhere

I'm wondering who pooped in Kassiandra's Cheerios tonight, because she is being just plain MEAN. She won't let anyone near her, and she flares whenever I come near the tank. She claimed the entire front to herself, and now Jumper is ticked because she's ticked. Usually Jumper and Artemis are buddy-buddy and tolerant of each other, but tonight Jumper is clearing the room. Demeter has actually left, and is hiding under the castle, and Hera keeps trying to get near Kassiandra, to no avail.