Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-25-2013, 01:03 PM   #261 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

You could always put Kass in time out for a day or so and put her in a cup in the back of the tank so she can't claim the front lol

Did you get that tank?
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 05:56 PM   #262 
Elsewhere

Actually, she's in a QT for that and because she's either rubbing her scales off or there's something else wrong. She's got white on the side of her, but only in certain light, and it doesn't look like anything disease-ish, but more like what Themis had when I first put her in with Pigg and she was super mad and kept rubbing against this huge stone wall I had. I took it out and a week later she was fine, but with Kass I'm not taking chances after everything else. I've been reassessing her today, and she looks much better.

Nope. Mum said a strict no, and I actually don't care too much, because I'm not sure I would want to plant a THIRD tank that badly. I'm content with my current setup :) FOR NOW >:D MWUAHAHA.

Oh, and I may get an eighth girl (I know, I know) because a pet store in my area is getting a new shipment of girls in, and it's the place I got Artemis and Themis (HMPK EE) so I'm super excited! By that time, Aether will be out of QT and hopefully so will Andromeda. She's doing MUCH better, but her tail is still an absolute wreck...

I just finished scrubbing down and cleaning out the 30g, and I had to clean out the filters because there were clogged with zucchini -_- The snails are super messy with it and in the night it just falls up and clogs the damn things. As soon as this one is done, I'm going back to cucumber!
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:14 PM   #263 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

lol yeah, I liked the cucumber's better as well, much easier IMHO.

8th girl really isn't that bad! lol I mean, I now will have like 23 girls in the sorority XD so no worries! If you find one that strikes you, get her!
Old 08-25-2013, 07:20 PM   #264 
Elsewhere

Haha, thanks! I was thinking the same thing about an eighth girl...

I'm keeping Kassiandra in the cup, starting her on Epsom Salts and Melafix as well. She's got a nasty bite right by her eye, and that white spot is spreading. Still can't get a picture, as it doesn't appear. I'm sure it's there, and in care it's contagious there is NO WAY I'm letting anyone else catch this. Any ideas as to what could be going on?
Old 08-25-2013, 07:27 PM   #265 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

It might be a strain of columnaris since that disease has many different "faces" so to say. Usually the white fluffy but can also appear as a clear coating like a body slime infection, or white spots between scales. Things like that basically. But without a picture, it's definitely hard to tell.

How long has she had it and does it look more like a Ich spot, is it look like a hard spot or a soft spot or a fluffy spot, slimy spot?
Old 08-25-2013, 07:30 PM   #266 
Elsewhere

It's been here just three days, when I first noticed it I thought it was the lighting. But the second time I got her out. It looks like a white soft-ish spot on her face and a little on her body. She's acting fine (well, extremely pissed, actually). I'll try and get a shot of her. If it is columnaris, how do I treat it and will it affect my other girls already?
Old 08-25-2013, 07:34 PM   #267 
Elsewhere

Sadly, this picture captured more than I could see. Crap, it looks like ich or something equally as narsty to me :( Just beside her eye there, the bumpy white part.

Old 08-26-2013, 09:47 AM   #268 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Oh wow, I have no idea actually. I looks like it might be a bit of Lymphocystis but I'm not entirely sure. In this picture it looks more purple grey but I think that's just from the lid of the cup? If it is Lympho it is a virus that has no meds, just like humans, rest and good diets will help her fight it off. But it is very contagious but usually not fatal at all and they will fight it off within a month or two. The only issues is when it gets in their gills and doesn't allow them to breathe right and all, then it's a problem. But on the body is fine.

IDK, can you get more pictures of her like all different angles and such? I see other things on her body as well.
Old 08-26-2013, 03:26 PM   #269 
Elsewhere

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=255314

I put this is the Disease forum, hoping someone else will take a look, just as a second opinion... I'm moving her to a 2.5g ASAP, I had to leave the house and am getting it set up when I'm done typing this. I'll get better pics in there, put Boreas's light over top for better quality.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:16 PM   #270 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yup, did see that earlier and hopefully someone else like LittleBettaFish or Sakura8 will chime in