Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-30-2013, 01:36 PM   #281 
Elsewhere

So Boreas is doing terrible. This morning he wouldn't move from the Wisteria and was breathing heavily. Thanks to Matt and Atena on this thread (http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=258217) he's in a cup floating in the tank with AQ Salt... He's not doing much better, but he's not gasping anymore and will move around if I move the cup. Kass on the other hand is doing fantastic. It's like she's sucking the healthiness out of him or something -_- She swimming around and eating and interacting with me. I think that salt bath the new meds are helping her.

I'm releasing Aether into the 10g tomorrow, since she's just been using their water anyways and she'd be sick now, so going in won't make a difference. I'm going to look at getting an eighth girl tonight, try and raise my spirits, since the store I'm going to has gotten some beauts before :)
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:26 PM   #282 
Elsewhere

I decided to euthanize Boreas. He was laying in a cup barely breathing, and I could tell by looking at him he was already gone. I did the ice water method, and he passed quickly with no struggle.

Kass is doing amazing, eating and swimming and gave me a little flare. Aether has big sister Hera keeping her safe, making sure no one goes near her in the 10g.
Old 08-31-2013, 08:17 AM   #283 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

I'm really sorry about Boreas I'm glad it was quick though.

And that's cut about Aether and Hera ^_^
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 10:51 AM   #284 
Elsewhere

Yeah, now I need to clean out his tank. In a couple of weeks I may get some Guppies, I was looking today to start researching. I love my Bettas, but because they have such personalities I just get so attached... I may slowly start getting out of them, after my other guys eventually pass. He had around five plants in his tank, so I'm gonna keep it running, since it was so pretty.

I know, she even lets her get food in the morning :)

Kassiandra's fungus on her face is receding! There are still spots on other parts of the body, but the big one is slowly starting to fade. I'll do another salt bath soon, then retreat the tank :D
Old 08-31-2013, 03:31 PM   #285 
Elsewhere

So to try and cheer myself up, I went ahead and had a little photo shoot :)

Definitely think she's a marble :D

"Hey you! Yeah, you! I don't like your attitude, buddy!"

"Don't mind me... Just pooping up the place!"

"Shhh... I is sneakin up on da Corydor-ies!"

"Food? Did someone say food? I think they did! Food???"

I personally think that the gunk on her eye is fading... What are your opinions great and wise Lilnaugrim or whoever may be stalking this?

*Cries. Sobs. Goes completely hysterical* NOOOOOO! I THOUGHT YOU WERE DONE HAVING BABIES! DAAAAMN YOOOOU!!

Aaw, someone was being a pretty girl :)

Dory fish from the pet store :D

And I leave you with this picture of myself...

...holding a giant unicorn.
Old 08-31-2013, 04:06 PM   #286 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

IT'S SO FLUFFY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Oh geeze, great and wise? You amuse me haha, but yes it does look like it's going away!!! Horray!!

Ohhh no, Dory from the store has some weird gunk going on around her eye poor girl....boy? idk, can't sex them lol actually don't think I can sex any saltwater fish XD I'm sure it's the same, looking at the anal fin, body shape and for ovaries and all. ^_^ Oh I lol'd at Corydor-ies! toooooo cute!
Old 08-31-2013, 10:42 PM   #287 
Elsewhere

I KNOW THAT'S WHAT I SAID! I was seriously considering buying it... Until it was 70 bucks. NEOPE.

Yay!! I'm hoping within a week she'll be back and bossing everyone around just like before :D

I thought so too, but the guy said they were treating it, so I REALLY liked the place. LOL. And Soleil is still being a butt about them, but during the day they hide now and come out at night when she sleeps :P
Old 09-01-2013, 12:13 AM   #288 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

70 BUCKS?!?!?! Where the HECK were you that a giant unicorn was 70 dollars?!? holy crap! lol

Oh glad they're treating Dory! lol I'll never call them Tang's, they'll always be Dory's. I'm pretty sure that goes for everyone though haha.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:33 AM   #289 
Elsewhere

I KNOW. Neat Things, is the store. I was like "I MUST OWN THIS." Then, 70 bucks and I was like um, no. :I

Exactly, aha!

Oh tank cleaning day, how I hate you! I still haven't done any at this point, even though I work in two hours :P I'll just do the 10g's and leave the 30 for after work, since I plan on most likely cleaning out filters AGAIN. *Eye roll*

Since looking into Guppies, I've decided I really like them and would like to get some. My issue is stocking. I have the 5g, and have heard of people keeping LOTS in there (like 10, seriously overstocked) but I was thinking of perhaps four females, to keep the babies out of the tank. If they magically appear, they'll be left to get eaten and those that survive will be given away :) But that's if I ever get them, haha.
Old 09-01-2013, 10:28 AM   #290 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yeah, like all livebearer's Guppies are also poop machines so I wouldn't do 10. Perhaps if it were a grow out tank for the fry, sure, but I wouldn't do it long term unless you plan to clean it out every other day or so lol But that's cool! Best of luck getting some good ones ^_^

Yeah, yesterday was my tank cleaning day, happy happy joy joy >.> <.< >.> lol did everyone but the two 3 gallons, the 5.5 and an actual cleaning to the 33 but that will be done all on Tuesday