Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-12-2013, 12:22 PM   #21 
Elsewhere

Little number ten is doing much better, cleaning all tanks but the 30g today :D
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 03:33 PM   #22 
Elsewhere

So there was a huge sale on Albino Cories at PetSmart, so I casually got the five earlier than expected... Little Hestia's fin is almost completely healed now, which is great! The Cories are doing awesome too! Tomorrow I'll be doing a WC and adding more Seachem Flourish :D
Old 04-15-2013, 02:54 PM   #23 
Elsewhere

Everyone is doing great- but me :( I've got the flu, so I'm trying to get my mum to do container water changes. Errrg and my filter is broken (thank you warranty!) so I'm getting my dad to return it tomorrow and get a new one...
Old 04-18-2013, 02:35 PM   #24 
Elsewhere

Okay, taking the filter back for a new one hopefully Sunday, as it is officially not working >.< The girls will be going in on Sunday after the filter is replaced and next Sunday the Cories will join them!
Old 04-19-2013, 02:43 PM   #25 
Elsewhere

Got a new girl today, will update with pics of all 11 Bettas soon! Possibly some of the Cories, if they would hold still!
Old 04-19-2013, 03:16 PM   #26 
Elsewhere

Here are all the girls and some of the Cories!

Themis:

Artemis:

Aphrodite:

Demeter:

Hera:

Athena:

Andromeda:

Hestia:

Pandora:

Gaia:

Kassiandra (new girl):

Hades/Poseidon/Zeus/Apollo/Ares (I am unsure who is who!) :

Sorry for sloppy pics and bad lighting on some- there's a huge storm rolling in and the sky is BLACK so I'm just using my desk lamp.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:30 PM   #27 
Elsewhere

I have a lot going on today, so I introduced 10/11 girls to the tank. I did the whole "add the least aggressive" and everything was going fine... I thought Pandora was the least aggressive, but oh my GOD she could be Alpha! She is VICIOUS! I was about to take her out, but she's calmed down... For now. I've had my eyes glued to the tank for hours and am only now typing this out... Two hours and peace so far- I'm kind of afraid for the morning :/ Little Kassiandra will go in with the Cories later on. My poor beautiful girls... So many tails are just wrecked right now, but so much that they need medication. I'll just have to do some more water changes, the damage could have been so much worse... I feel bad in saying that I'm glad Themis and Artemis are okay, as they are my first girls. Right now there seems to be a three way guess at Alpha (in just this one day, I'm sure that it's going to change) :
Pandora
Gaia
Themis
Old 04-20-2013, 07:05 PM   #28 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Same thing happened with my sorority, I thought Cherry was the sweetest thing ever (hence her name) but she might be the alpha...I'm not terribly certain they've actually figured out who's alpha as they all pick at each other the same, but no one's hurt!

By the way, I'm absolutely in love with the greek mythological theme here! I'm in love with Kassiandra's colors and I'm looking for a CT with that coloration to finish off my sorority as well. I also love Athena, she just looks so...I don't know, but I like her lol.

Can't wait for more updates!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:13 PM   #29 
Elsewhere

Yeah, I know that feeling! XD And thank you, I too love the Greeks and had to do a bit of searching to find my decorations :)

So far everyone is alive and calmed down... I'm glad I didn't remove anyone, that may have just caused more problems. My girl that seems the worst is Gaia, as she has some pretty shredded fins and a minor flesh wound. I'll remove her if it gets any worse, but so far she's holding her own and not letting anyone come near her. I think with more frequent water changes she'll be just fine- I can even see some regrowth now :)

I got my filter replaced today and already the water is looking better... Yesterday the ammonia scared me for a second, as it had jumped to 0.5, so I did a huge gravel vac and retested, it was at 0 after that thankfully. Today it remains at 0, hopefully not going to spike like that again now that the filter isn't flaking out :)
Old 04-22-2013, 05:24 PM   #30 
Elsewhere

Everyone is doing awesome today, Gaia's fins and injury are looking MUCH better. Plant growth is good and water parameters are good too! The cories are now in a filtered 10g, which they don't seem to like too much... I also put Kassiandra in her 5g. She's shocked with all of the empty space, as I only have one fake plant in there as of now. I REALLY want to get some Guppies in my 10g when the Cories are out, as I love it's positioning on my dresser, but a rule has been passed as law in my house- no more fish. Ever, apparently. *Sigh* This should be fun! ;)