betta fish

Old 09-01-2013, 10:50 AM   #291 
Elsewhere

I "LOL"d at happy happy joy joy because that is JUST what I feel XD
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:42 AM   #292 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

lol! It's so true though. I mean I'm happy when I'm done and all the tanks look spectacular but it's just SOOOOO much work and now I've got 9 cups on top of it, three QT tanks going plus Gambit's 2.5 so I'm just like ready to flip a table or something haha But it feels good when I'm done and know that my fish are happy as well
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 03:11 PM   #293 
Elsewhere

I only got one done this morning, and now for the sorority, then the 30g, then giving Kass her salt bath, then retreating her tank. *Cries*

Ugh, why must we love fish so much?!

But I got my paycheck today :D Guess who has an extra fifty bucks to spend? OH YES. After I get my new job, 80% goes to University and 20% for free spending money. Everything I've made this summer is mine (not very much, I've spent it on Norman's shots or fish) and now I need to put away a couple hundred for Norman getting fixed and surgery on an umbilical hernia, BUT NOW I HAVE AN EXTRA FIFTY BUCKS!

WOO!
Old 09-01-2013, 03:56 PM   #294 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Couple hundred for getting fixed??? Holy mackerel, with our animal society around here it's only 50 dollars and 30 for the basic shots, normally fixing costs around 75-80 dollars though. Maybe you can find a society around you that helps low income families?

Gratz on the extra 50 though! Wish I had an extra 50 haha
Old 09-01-2013, 04:03 PM   #295 
Elsewhere

Well it's 180 for him. Sadly, this is the lowest price around, and I really like this vet's office, so I'm willing to spend the money. It's what they'll charge for the hernia that's my issue. The office staff are complete morons. Here's a little phone conversation for you.

Me: Hello, how much will it cost for Norman to get fixed and have his hernia removed?

Them: Well, we can't give you an estimate until after the surgery.

M:...What? I just want to know how much you think it'll be around.

T: Sorry ma'am, you can't know until after the surgery is done.

M: O...kay? Um, isn't fixing, like, 180?

T: We change prices, ma'am, I can't answer, like I said many times, until after the surgery.

M: Well, bye, I guess.

And she hung up. If I didn't love the vet I'd find someone else. I have trust issues with the vets I take my animals to, ever since one lady was cheerily telling me my childhood pet and only friend was dying. I hate that woman. So my finding a vet that I like is very rare. Plus, Norman won't even have to go to the vet again unless he's hurt after this.

Oh, and turns out it isn't fifty, but a whopping FIFTEEN! I thought I had more in the bank LOL. At least it's enough to buy the Guppies whenever I get them :P
Old 09-02-2013, 10:31 AM   #296 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Holy crap....I don't even know if I could take the staff.....woooow...Sorry you have to deal with that...that's just really weird...I don't understand why they wouldn't be able to tell you the price....fixing prices are usually the same all around regardless of age or whatever. Well I hope at least the hernia can be fixed, I'm sure that's no fun!

Oh...yay 15...lol well hey, at least it's still money!
Old 09-02-2013, 10:45 AM   #297 
Elsewhere

Exactly, haha. WC went great, the Barbs were on fasting day so I got bit more than usual :P Jumper is living true to her name- she jumped a clear inch out of the water and nabbed a bloodworm off of the fork! Friggin fish!

My mum and I had a good laugh about the snails yesterday. I always say they're Mexican snails, because their names are Consuela, Antonio and Pablo, and then I said "And now with their million Mexican children" and we both cracked up for some reason. Anyshway (another laugh from my mother and I) the egg clutch is doing good. Still no takers on it, trying to get rid of it before it hatches. If it does hatch, they'll just get eaten by Soleil, a nice little treat for her. Same with any baby Guppies, sadly, unless like one lives, then I can give him away :P
Old 09-02-2013, 11:11 AM   #298 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

I was like "WHAT KIND OF PERSON DECORATES THEIR TANK WITH FEET?!?!"
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  46.2 KB
And then I figured it out. Lol.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:40 AM   #299 
Elsewhere

Oh God, I just choked on an olive! Ahahaha! The glare always accents the feet statues in my tank!
Old 09-02-2013, 11:44 AM   #300 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

LOL! Got to love them glares and those feet columns! I think they really complete the tank, don't you? haha

And lol to your Mexican snails XD In our Marching Band, in the Tenor Sax's which is what I play, we have a guy who's a year older than me who's Mexican called Alberto. And we're always cracking jokes about it, well he starts it at least lol. He's a super funny guy and doesn't care too much about it. Last year for our Section Theme day we made fun of our Drum Major's and we made shirts that said on the front: MY COOOORE!! Because we were always talking about strengthening your core and blah, blah, blah. So each of us had a different saying on the back of our shirts; our section leader no Drum Major is black although he's totally white on the inside; he's adopted. So his was: My Core is Black (and blue) and then Alberto's was: My Core Jumped the Border, we had a few good ones! So yeah...Mexicans XD