Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-06-2013, 09:05 PM   #321 
Elsewhere

I just realized I've surpassed my three hundredth post on this... I need to find something to do with my life! Might just break Kass's only breakfast ruled and Daphnia four out of seven days rule... She's playing in bubbles and begging me for pellets! XD
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:07 PM   #322 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Don't do it! Don't do it! It's a trap! I mean....a trick! lol

Gratz on the 300 marker! And pssssh, you need to do something with your life? How about my journal? I think I'm over 450 now lol.
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:13 PM   #323 
Elsewhere

>.> She may have persuaded me... For two... And she's still begging! Ugh, little bugger! She's definitely gotten thinner from before, but still bloated compared to some. I'm starting to think that the fungus on her face might just be a scar, because it's still there, not as faded as I thought. She's lost all other stringy-ness and fungus-y nasty-ness, so I think it might just be a part of her face... I am so sick of crappy PetSmarts. This $20 heater is CRAP and doesn't heat the tank at all... If it did I wouldn't have to do 50% changes halfway through the day just to keep it warm >.> These fluctuations CAN'T be good for her. The fact that she's surviving gives me hope she'll be good for Tuesday.

Gah, I'm so excited about these Guppies! The lady says she wouldn't be surprised if all of the girls have babies, but my friend's mum wants them, and the whole nature taking it's course... Plus, if Atlas is compatible, then awesome! But if they're a tasty treat, then hey, I tried... XD
Old 09-07-2013, 10:42 AM   #324 
Elsewhere

The girls are here! Sadly, they aren't very colourful, just a see-through brownish, but I still love them :D They're so cute and funny looking! They're exploring the tank, and 3/4 look pregnant :/ I wouldn't have taken them and gone for prettier, but they were kept in what looked to be a 3g with a Betta and around 20 Guppies. I just couldn't leave them like that. I don't know how closely related Guppies are to Bettas, but even the boys weren't all that colourful, so I'm hoping they MIGHT just colour up, or mum's will have pretty babies :) I can't get pics right now, as they're swimming like mad in this new space and are swooshing in and out of plants. They're just too darn cute!
Old 09-07-2013, 02:29 PM   #325 
Elsewhere

Pics of the Guppies! Need some names for them :)

Old 09-07-2013, 04:21 PM   #326 
Elsewhere

Upon further research, I'm fairly certain 3/4 are actually pregnant :/ The fourth looks a little young, so my guess is she's too young for babies right now. They're swimming in the bubbles from the sponge filter as I type this! A much better home for them, IMO. One prefers to hide in the coffee mug, the biggest looking to me. Hopefully she'll warm up to the tank soon! They're finally eating, and boy oh boy they're like sharks with the flakes!

I am very happy to say that the Cories have found a new loving home, and will have an entire 50g all to themselves for next couple of my months :) I'm sure they'll love it there! I'm looking into a shrimp, possibly, as their replacement for bottom feeder status... Maybe one of those "Rock shrimp" from PetSmart, that aren't actually rock shrimp. But that would be far in the future!
Old 09-07-2013, 09:30 PM   #327 
Elsewhere

Erg... So Demeter's fins are a mess and she looks to be going onto a bought of popeye... Along with severe bite wounds. The fins have been bad but healing, and I only noticed this evening the other wounds... She's been hiding on me lately... Cupping her and starting on 1/2 TSP of Epsom salts and 1 drop of Melafix.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:39 PM   #328 
Elsewhere

Okay, she is now cupped and now that I can actually SEE her, a sigh of relief has escaped me. It is DEFINITELY not what Kass has/had. Just some seriously bad fins, a mild case of popeye and some bite marks. I'll try and get pics in the morning to be 100%, but otherwise I'm very happy that she'll hopefully be okay with some TLC.
Old 09-08-2013, 11:54 AM   #329 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Oh good, glad she'll be okay
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:35 PM   #330 
Elsewhere

OMG LOOK WHAT INDIGOBETTA MADE ME ON HER THREAD:

I am SOOOOO excited for when the Pigg plush comes!!! Everyone on this end is good, just finished up the water changes and the Guppies were not fond of them XD I'm not sure if they've ever even had a proper WC before :/ A bit of a delay for the lady getting the Cories, but hopefully she'll be here this week :)