Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-13-2013, 08:57 PM   #341 
Elsewhere

Not on the 30g- I give enough for a 15g for the divided 10g, and enough for the 30g, because I know that would cause my algae problems, haha. I'm hoping to get root tabs soon, but whenever I go to PetSmart their out... Erg. Hoping to move the big tank soon, though.

And yeah, I see a little on Kass, but SO much less than before! I'm really hoping next week will be when she's better :) I might just start treating her in a floating cup and move Demeter to the 2.5, but I don't know yet.
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 03:03 PM   #342 
Elsewhere

I am so angry. I didn't catch Corinth, I caught Lana! Corinth is also known as "Super Fat Pregnant Fishy" and I got Lana instead of her. So I've decided to leave it until tonight, because their all probably traumatized after my trying to get them out for an hour... Anyshway, she still hasn't popped, and I don't think she will this weekend. She's pretty big, but not as massive as they should be. She also really active still, and I've read they slow down near birth.

Still no snail eggs, but they keep getting more fragile and seeming like they're going to hatch!

Mum and I decided we're doing the moving of the 30g tomorrow or next weekend. I really need the Cories gone for this, it'll stress them out like CRAZY to be moved like that. And that's all for now! I might have another photo shoot tonight, I enjoyed how well the pics came out in the dark last night :D I also might get to see Insidious 2, which I'm excited about as well!
Old 09-14-2013, 03:09 PM   #343 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

When I first started reading I was like....Corinth...Lana? huh? and then realized...oh right! Guppies lol

Do you have two nets? Sometimes you can use both and sort of corral her into one or both if that makes sense. And yeah, I know how you feel though...I once had to chase the last danio out of my 33....practically tore up the entire tank just to get at him and finally had to literally stress and wear him out so much that he just lost all energy and practically swam into the net. I felt bad but I had to get them out!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 04:01 PM   #344 
Elsewhere

Oh, yeah, probably should've announced I named them! Their names are Corinth, Lana, River and Aul. Aul (pronounced AY-ULE) is the only one that isn't pregnant- at least not noticeably pregnant, haha! I haven't tried the double net trick... I'll do that soon!

So I've stressed Demeter to no end with her cup change. I know it should be daily, but it almost kills her from stress to be netted from the cup, so I do them every other day to give her a day of rest before I change them. I've also gone all out to try and get that last layer of fungus off of Kass. I've given her another 1/4 of a tab of Anti-fungus and 1/4 TSP of Melafix. I'm also starting twice daily salt baths at a half an hour a piece tomorrow. She hates being in that empty little tank, so I took some of the floating Wisteria and put it in there. She's having a blast, swimming in the roots and sliding across the tops! I forgot it was in there until I changed Demeter's cup and moved it around. Andromeda is super mad at me for taking it out- it's her favourite place!

I've been once again contemplating an 8th girl... Mostly because now Demeter's sick, and I don't know how long it's going to take her or Kassiandra to heal. I might take a quick peak in the pet stores, see what I find. Having five instead of six is making a big difference, and I'm noticing that Hera can't protect Aether for much longer from Jumper. Little turd, she's such a jerkface!
Old 09-14-2013, 04:07 PM   #345 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

As long as you can handle all the cup changes, sure! I know I was getting really bogged down with having like 10 fish in QT >.< technically my 33 right now is one giant QT but...meh. So if there just so happens to be one...yep.

Also! I don't know if you've contimplated this before, but I believe Catw0man still has some females she needs to rehome, if you message her for pictures, you might find one you like and then most likely it's just shipping you need and if it's regular 3 day Priority over 2 day Express it will be much cheaper like 6-10 dollars instead of 30 lol
Old 09-14-2013, 04:10 PM   #346 
Elsewhere

OHMAHGOODNESS! *Furiously tries to find Catw0man and ask for fishies* My mum would probably only agree to 3 day priority, though, which would suck. But at least the fish would be from a member, so maybe only a 5 or 6 day QT :D I'M GETTING TOO EXCITED!
Old 09-14-2013, 04:13 PM   #347 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

lol don't get your hopes too high! I said she MIGHT have females she needs to rehome, I took 7 from her on our trip so I don't know what she has left now. I know she still has a pretty blue dragon scale girl in her rehome album, I would have loved to take her but my tank is primarily blue >.< as is my room....my bed sheets...my clothes...sigh...I love blue but sometimes it just get's overwhelming lol
Old 09-14-2013, 04:17 PM   #348 
Elsewhere

Still! Haha! And I too have a few blue fish, but I could always use more! I've lately been kicking myself that I didn't name Atlas Blooregard Q. Kazoo, so perhaps a blue fish is just what I need! My room is an array of colours... Green, purple, white, brown, a little bit of everything! I'll go and stalk her albums now!
Old 09-14-2013, 07:34 PM   #349 
Elsewhere

This is just me, crying in the corner. There are now FIVE clutches of eggs. I am so screwed. I hate not being able to kill the little baby snails! ERGAMUFFIN. This is so frustratingly annoying.

Anyshway, moving the 30g to my room tomorrow afternoon. Catching Corinth tomorrow, because I'm too tired at only 8:30. Bye for now!
Old 09-15-2013, 09:00 AM   #350 
Elsewhere

So we're moving the 30g today, and the Cories are still in there, which sucks. Here's my plan of attack:

1. Get the hood off and far far away.
2. Do my regular 40% WC
3. Fill another bucket without gravel vacuuming.
4. Catch Soleil et Les Nuages, the snails, the five Cories and any Otos that are willing and put them in the bucket of tank water.
5. Take out the filters and heater and get them on a blanket far away.
6. Take the bucket of fish to my room.
7. Get my mum and brother to lift the tank (I have an irrational fear of things dropping on my feet and CANNOT lift things like that tank, or heavy furniture. I cool with most stuff but lifting the tank would give me a heart attack, and my mum knows it! My brother will be bribed, though)
8. I run upstairs with the stand and treasure chest.
9. Get the stand ready.
10. Everything is put back perfectly next to my bed.
11. Fish and tank water go back in.
12. New water goes in.
13. Everyone gets a little bloodworm treat for being to AWESOME.

Hopefully it all goes well... And Catw0man says she has a couple of girls to rehome :D Excited about that as well!