Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-23-2013, 02:32 PM   #401 
Elsewhere

Thanks Venus! I sadly had to stay home today. Throat is all better, but I'm still sick as a dog. I couldn't even wake up until 1:15 in the afternoon after a sleepless night -_- So I have some not-so-good news. Miracle is doing really terrible. He won't even move from the top of the heater and is barely breathing... Even my mum wanted to know if it would be best to put him out of his misery... I'm too sick to be around my great-grandma, so I can't get any new medications at all, I'm too sick to go anywhere but hardly move from the bed to the desktop. I'm going to start a new thread about him, see what people think. At this point the fungus has grown completely over one side of his body thickly and he won't even look at me anymore... I don't really know what to do.

On the bright side, Kass is doing fantastic and swimming and eating and chasing. She's definitely reclaimed the top of the food chain, much to Jumper's dismay.

I'll give an update on Miracle as soon as I can.
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 05:00 PM   #402 
lilbabyvenus

Oh no :( I was really hoping a night in a warm clean home would perk Miracle up and jump start his healing...
lilbabyvenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:11 PM   #403 
Elsewhere

Sadly no... The fungus is growing into his gills now, and over the blind eye. If I don't see improvement by 9, I think it might be best for him to swim under the rainbow bridge. He has to be suffering, this seems to just be clogging everything up... I'm gonna try a 100% WC, maybe that'll help and maybe it'll make it worse. It's my only option.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:24 PM   #404 
Elsewhere

So he's still here, and much improved from last night, though still not eating. I won't be posting about him here though, it'll all be documented in my BRAND NEW JOURNAL!

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread....93#post3075793

OOH. AAH. Anyways, the snails HAD MORE EGGS. OH MAH GAWD WHY. I don't understand this sudden baby-fest. They need to give it a rest! No babies from Corinth yet, and I stayed home AGAIN. Going to school tomorrow, I really can't miss anymore.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:34 PM   #405 
lilbabyvenus

Off to your second journal... :D
lilbabyvenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 03:00 PM   #406 
Elsewhere

So I still only have one journal :( Miracle passed only moments ago. I'm glad I had the chance to show him life out of a cup, and hopefully he's swimming happily under the rainbow bridge with Boreas, Themis, Aphrodite, Athena, Demeter, Pandora, Poe and Edgar.
Old 09-24-2013, 03:43 PM   #407 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Awww poor Miracle he lasted, honestly, a lot longer than I would have thought though so you did something right! May all your past fishies swim happily under the rainbow bridge and to the pond beyond
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 04:21 PM   #408 
Elsewhere

Same here. When I got him I assumed I'd get him in some warm water and make him comfortable, but I did NOT expect him to live through the night. Little dude sure was a strong one. I'm actually calling the pet store in a minute to let them know, and to check with who they bought him from for other cases.

So my mum's going to kill me. After Miracle passed, a nagging came to my head. This nagging was the fact that there's a little what looks to be HMPK at my LPS that's been there since May who they claim isn't for sale, and then keep him in an unheated, uncleaned and unlit 0.5g tank with sharp plants. And the nagging says "You should save him too, you know you want to" and you know what? I might just. I might just walk in there and ask to buy him. And then I might just get grounded in two weeks when my mother notices him, since he won't be kept in the bathroom!
Old 09-24-2013, 04:31 PM   #409 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

lol, Do it!!!

My LFS does the same but their entire store is heated so I'm not so worried and they don't have sharp plants thankfully but they have stunning HMPK's right now, DS as well! I'm jonsing so bad for a new male but...I can't have to take care of the ones I have until they pass which should be soon I think....but then I can look for one or wait for Deanna01's fish to grow up already so I can buy a beautiful male and female from her! lol

But yeah, I'm glad my LFS takes my advice as well! They were feeding freeze-dried bloodworms until I told them about constipation and stuff and they finally switched to NLS pellet and I'm so happy! The Betta's could be in better condition, but they don't look like our PetSmart or PetCo Betta's so I'm happy at least

So yeah, get him! Argue for him too!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:08 PM   #410 
Elsewhere

This one used to be good, but now they're just waiting for this batch to die off and never get them again. I have this thing about not like Veiltail's. I've seen SO many gorgeous VT's, but something just turns them away from me and I really don't like them. I know it's terrible to say, but it's my personal feelings towards them. This store has ONLY VT's in, and then there's that little dude. He gave me "The eyes" months ago and I had to resist, but now... I don't know. Anyways, I'm going to school tomorrow no matter what and getting him afterwards. They also have a large number of girls, but I can't get them since Bloo and AB girl are coming in a week and a half.

I have some really great news that also sucks. I called Miracle's store, and thankfully it was the woman who let me take him for free. I explained what this disease is to her, and she was thoroughly disgusted and shocked. She said she would be taking the rest off of the shelves for proper treatment (makes me nervous, but I can only hope) and then calling the breeder to tell him about the disease for his fish and all of the other stores (they're the only ones in Ontario). At first I thought she wasn't serious, but she asked for the name (I told her Columnaris, it's the only thing that seems plausible) and treatments and read it back to me to make sure it was spelled right. I've always liked this store, and it makes a little bit of my faith in humanity restored :)