Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-24-2013, 08:54 PM   #411 
Elsewhere

STOP. THE. NOISES. THERE IS A CRICKET RIGHT OUTSIDE MY WINDOW. He is VERY persistent with making his little cricket-y noises! I am slowly going crazy... Not at all related to fish, but whatever!
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:06 PM   #412 
lilbabyvenus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsewhere View Post
STOP. THE. NOISES. THERE IS A CRICKET RIGHT OUTSIDE MY WINDOW. He is VERY persistent with making his little cricket-y noises! I am slowly going crazy... Not at all related to fish, but whatever!
I feel your pain! We've had a cricket stuck behind our baseboards in our kitchen for about three months now.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
lilbabyvenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:09 PM   #413 
Elsewhere

I just laughed at your pain, and I'm sorry for that :P Oh man, that sucks so much, I would literally rip the kitchen apart to try and get it OUT.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:28 PM   #414 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

lol! We actually have a cricket in our house, originally in my mom's room and we named him Chris--well she did. And then we lost Chris for a night! And we were kind of chuckling because now we were saying "Oh yeah, we just lost Chris, he was such a good kid, always making noises at night....Oh well! We can just go out and get another one!" lol I don't think we ever actually said that to anyone but it was funny still. And then the next day I found Chris downstairs in our basement ^_^ and he's been there since! Makes his little cricket noises for an hour or so and then quiets down to sleep, he's so cute ^_^ lol
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 05:05 PM   #415 
Elsewhere

So I didn't get the boy. The owner was like "He's coming home to my tank." And I was all for that, but at the same time, he's been there since May... Ooookay then, lady.

I think Andromeda has died. I can't find her ANYWHERE. I haven't seen her since Monday night. At first I wasn't worrying, since she and Demeter had always been the under dogs, but now... I've searched through the plants and in every hiding spot but under the castle, and there's no trace of her. She COULDN'T have jumped out, the only hole it completely blocked by a filter. I can't take the castle out to check- it would pull up around four plants that are deeply rooted in the gravel. I don't know what to do about it, other than wait and see if she shows up. I think it's because Kass is back in, and everyone else in the tank is middle ground but her. She and Demeter used to share the bullying, but now with it just being her I think she may have died. I'll update later, in case I find her.
Old 09-25-2013, 07:20 PM   #416 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Sadface
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:01 PM   #417 
Elsewhere

So good news, I found her, but she's getting rather thin from not eating and only popped up for a few seconds, not long enough for me to net her. I don't know what to do, I tried for another hour to find her, and nothing worked. It's too dark now, my room light is crappy, but tomorrow I'm willing to take out that castle to get her into a cup.

So my mum has this really big piece of driftwood in her garden, and she said I can have it. It's too big to put into any of my tanks, unless I completely tear up the 30g AGAIN, so I'm considering cutting it into separate pieces (which I know is tricky so it doesn't get all screwy) and soaking it for like two days in shifts of boiling water. I don't know, though, I might just slip down to the beach after school tomorrow instead.
Old 09-26-2013, 04:09 PM   #418 
Elsewhere

So I went out and measured the driftwood, and it's too big to fit fully into the sorority. I was going to get it treated and then completely destroy the sorority scape, put the driftwood in the center and then replant everything, but now it's not happening. My dad said we might be able to drive to the beach tonight and scour for some driftwood, which would be awesome, but if not there's a guy on Kijiji selling some
Old 09-26-2013, 10:29 PM   #419 
Elsewhere

Okay, my beach sucks. Not an inch of driftwood on the place, and I can't afford the pet store prices, so I'm thinking my dad and I can power saw the piece in the garden into four sections, then stick then in the 5g and 10g's after they've been treated. Erg, I wish the beach had been more reliable! Anyways, I'm really tired and Terry Fox Day is tomorrow, so I should hit the hay, I need to sleep to stay up with my cousins tomorrow night!
Old 09-28-2013, 03:54 PM   #420 
Elsewhere

No news on the drfitwood, but a crap load of my family is here and my stress levels are off the chart. I can't stand any of them, and they have no idea what personal space is, and they've been insulting my dogs. I am going crazy and about to snap at them, which will just get me in trouble. I've locked my door to my room, and hopefully it keeps them away so I can do my homework and job training in peace. The fish are helping me remain calm a little- hopefully they can last me another 30 hours.