Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-29-2013, 02:15 PM   #431 
PetMania

Oh okay. I was gonna say that that was a rip off but nevermind lol
PetMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 02:27 PM   #432 
Elsewhere

Haha, yeah, these are the only people around here that sell them, so I got as many as I could afford. I've had terrible luck with Ghost Shrimp, so I opted for the Cherries :)

Pictures are loading! I took a little break. Pigg is flaring like NUTS and he never flares!
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 02:34 PM   #433 
Elsewhere

Pics:

Oh, and I didn't get driftwood or plants, since at Big Al's they were both too expensive. And I totally get why, the plants were relatively rare and pretty large, same with the driftwood. But new Betta boy was a grand total of 17 bucks, and the shrimp were around 12.
Old 09-29-2013, 02:38 PM   #434 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

He is gorgeous! He's actually not dragonscale though, just a thicker iridescence but he's absolutely beautiful!!! Any thoughts for names?
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 03:10 PM   #435 
Elsewhere

Ah, I can never be quite sure with that! I have no idea for names, but someone I know wants to breed him and the CT girl LOL. She's like "I could totally borrow them!" :P Any name suggestions for him?
Old 09-29-2013, 04:02 PM   #436 
Elsewhere

So I was considering naming him Jay Gatsby, but there's a girl with a Goldfish on here named Gatsby, and I don't want to steal the name... Back to the drawing board! I was also considering Odysseus, but it doesn't seem too fitting to me.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:36 AM   #437 
Elsewhere

So this morning I go over to feed the Barbs and Soleil, and all I see is Antonio hanging out at the top with one of the shrimp on him! All I could think of was Finding Nemo with the little Jaques shrimp cleaning off the inhabitants XD Still only seen one shrimp at a time, though, and I would really like to find all three!
Old 09-30-2013, 05:51 PM   #438 
Elsewhere

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread....82#post3119082

This is a thread I made for new guy in diseases and illnesses. He's acting lethargic and clamped, won't eat anything. Usually I wouldn't take it so seriously, most of my newbies are like that, but he was perfect yesterday with a healthy appetite, so I wanted to be safe rather than sorry with him. God, he's so pretty! Erg! I can't even get him to flare now. This woman needs to hurry up and take these friggin Guppies.

So I started my new job today. It isn't AWFUL, but I far from love it. At least it pays well and I only have to ring food through.

Gah, I'm so excited for Saturday! I can't wait for Bloo and AB girl to get here! *Does a little dance*
Old 09-30-2013, 06:04 PM   #439 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Is this the first time you changed his water then? If so, did you acclimate him to it? There's a possibility he's almost over stimulated and is feeling threatened and dominated by the male he's in with, which I think you said is Pigg?
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:14 PM   #440 
Elsewhere

No, yesterday I have him in fresh water, I completely forgot to acclimate it with the drip system, but he was absolutely fine with it. Yeah, he's with Pigg, I figured he would be best for a new male. He'll be going into the 5g in less than 24 hours, when I take the Guppies to my friend's house after work. Hopefully he'll be okay until then :/