Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-30-2013, 06:17 PM   #441 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Is it warm enough in your room that you can take him out of the tank and just let him sit? Putting a thick towel over and around the cup will help keep the temp up as well. The darkness should help him calm down and chill out so you might want to give that a try at least.
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:06 PM   #442 
Elsewhere

No, my house is rather cool... I can give it a try, it might at leas help to get him away from Pigg. I have a response to the thread in disease, I'll go check that out.
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:27 PM   #443 
Elsewhere

So mum and I have been discussing the possibility of a 20g long for Christmas. It would divide into four parts- 3.3, 3.3, 3.3 and 10, the three boys going into the three 3.3 parts and the sorority of girls going into the 10. I would use the girl's gravel on their part and the boys gravel on their part, same decorations and filters and heaters. I would put the filter rated for 15g on the girls side, then have their current heater, then put Pigg's heater either in the middle of the 3 divided parts or at the end. It could work. Plus, with this new job, I'll have plenty of cash for store bought dividers (NEVER cutting Plexiglas again! Almost lost a table in an attempt!) and new plants to make the dividers better. I might even order some Java Moss, or head back to Big Al's for cheap HUGE moss balls to squish down, and try and tie those down to dividers... I'd have to get rid of an entire dresser, since the 20 long wouldn't fit on it. Heck, this could end up costing me less than 150 bucks if I'm lucky and find a good tank on Kijiji.

Anyways, I'm rambling. I'm going to take new guy out of the tank in just a second, and wrap a towel around his tank. Hopefully I have little to no homework tomorrow night :/
Old 09-30-2013, 08:30 PM   #444 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Woot woot! yeah, I saw that in another post and think it's a great idea!! Although if you position the filter just right with the heater, you shouldn't need two heater's unless they aren't strong enough I guess.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:38 PM   #445 
Elsewhere

The one in the sorority is rather crappy, and is nearly full blast to keep it at 80, so I think spacing out the two would heat a 20g
Old 09-30-2013, 08:40 PM   #446 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

coolio ^_^
Old 09-30-2013, 08:52 PM   #447 
Elsewhere

So new guy is wrapped up in a towel, sitting on my desk. I just really hope my mum doesn't try and take it to the laundry room :P Erg, I need to trim the dead leaves off of my million Swords, but I don't want to ruin another pair of scissors XD I still need a name for new guy! Ugh!
Old 09-30-2013, 08:53 PM   #448 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

You can just pinch the leaves off, no need for scissors!
Old 09-30-2013, 09:00 PM   #449 
Elsewhere

I try, but they hate me and I find scissors easier :P
Old 09-30-2013, 09:20 PM   #450 
Elsewhere

I've decided on a name! His name is Gabriel, or Gabe for short :D I found it fitting for him for some reason.