Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-07-2013, 05:08 PM   #501 
Elsewhere

Oh nice!

So Norman goes in for his... Aherm, operation (snip snip, little dude) on Thursday, and I happen to be working on Thursday and at school as well, so my mother gets the honour of dropping him off AND picking him up XD Should be a bucket of fun!

Speaking of buckets, my mum went out with a saw and came back in the house saying she had 6 pieces of driftwood for me The pot is currently boiling, so I need to get down and supervise!
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:37 PM   #502 
lilbabyvenus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsewhere View Post
Oh nice!

So Norman goes in for his... Aherm, operation (snip snip, little dude) on Thursday, and I happen to be working on Thursday and at school as well, so my mother gets the honour of dropping him off AND picking him up XD Should be a bucket of fun!

Speaking of buckets, my mum went out with a saw and came back in the house saying she had 6 pieces of driftwood for me The pot is currently boiling, so I need to get down and supervise!
Poor Norman ;)

Hooray for driftwood! I can't wait to see those pieces in your tanks!
lilbabyvenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:08 PM   #503 
Elsewhere

Same here! IF THEY WOULD SINK! Erg! I know it's called "drift" wood for a reason, but my other one sank, so these need to too! PetSmart is having a MASSIVE plant sale (literally every plant is on sale) and I'm going on Saturday with my mum, so I'll dedicate the rest of Saturday to tearing down the sorority and setting it back up around the biggest piece in the centre The second biggest will go in the 30, third and fourth in the boy's, and the final 2 into Pigg's tank!
Old 10-08-2013, 02:14 PM   #504 
Elsewhere

The driftwood has been soaking all last night and all of today, and still won't sink... I might just have to scrap it if it doesn't sink by Saturday. Pigg is doing really well in his 5g. Granted, he's much less active, but not lethargic. In the divided 10 he always seemed to be freaking out over Atlas and seemed constantly exhausted, but now he can just chill and cruise around the tank sticking to the bottom, his favourite area As long as I get my daily Pigg time, I'm happy! Everyone else is doing great, and the Otos are actually eating cucumber, which is very exciting! Later tonight I'll be releasing Bloo into the sorority, now that she's had a while to get used to being near them. I'll be watching her like a hawk!
Old 10-08-2013, 07:14 PM   #505 
Elsewhere

So I bought fishing line at ye ole Mart, and I also got a little midget filter for Pigg's 5g It's not the best, but I figure that he'll at least have a little action going on and some kind of current to battle, get some exercise in him. I've added the driftwood to the divided 10 by angling and squishing, and I've added it to the 30 with a lot of fishing lines. The rest is being soaked in a bucket, hopefully able to be put in soon!
Old 10-09-2013, 05:33 PM   #506 
Elsewhere

I. Hate. My English teacher. As some of you know, I get severe migraines, but I also can't look at a fast moving camera (Movies like Cloverfield, Battle Los Angeles, Paranormal Activity) without getting incredibly dizzy, a migraine AND extremely nauseous. My English teacher will be using a little friggin Elmo ON the Smart Board instead of taking a picture and using it, or ACTUALLY giving us the work for reference, and proceed to spazz it out all over the place. I have her near the end of the day, so my mum wouldn't have picked me up if I called. Yesterday I learned NOTHING because there was no way I was focusing on that, and today I almost threw up in class. I even asked her yesterday to just zoom out a little, and she's like "Well then the back of the class can't see!" And I'm like ARE YOU KIDDING ME? You're just reading it to us anyways! Oh my God I hate her. Today she was like "Are you feeling all right?" And I'm like JUST PEACHY. So I told her I can't look at that stuff and she said "Well I'm going to be doing that everyday, try to work around it." I almost left, and I would have if there wasn't a mere 10 minutes left. Sorry for the rant, this is just one of the only places TO rant anymore...

Anyways, the driftwood still won't sink, but I'm thinking with the squished in on angles pieces that I'll just leave them like that and get some cheap Anubias at PetSmart and let them grow on the driftwood. It might look cool. Pigg really hates this filter, but the old man needs to get some exercise somehow! I'm hoping he'll warm up to it. I'm only catching glimpses of Bloo in the 10g, she's zipping in and out of hiding spots so fast! Ugh, she's SO cute!
Old 10-10-2013, 09:59 AM   #507 
AshleyG

Im sorry your teacher sucks sometimes they just dont really care!

I dunno how you put up with the drift wood I would of given up with it lol!!
AshleyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:04 AM   #508 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

I'm sorry about your English teacher sounds like my boss
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 02:09 PM   #509 
Elsewhere

I just need to get out of her class, and now I can't, which is stupid. Yeah, I'm just about ready to say "Screw it" with the driftwood XD Maybe PetSmart will have some on sale again!

Oh my GOD. This morning I thought Bloo looked weird so I cupped her, and now that I'm not rushing out the door, she is just TERRIBLE. Her fins are totally shredded and it looks like the girls tried to just rip her eye out! Oh my God, I had no idea! Right after this I'm starting her on AQ Salt and Melafix! I don't know if I'll b adding her back to the sorority after this... I may divide the 10g three ways or just find her a new home :/ Catw0man warned me she might be tricky in a sorority, but I assumed she would be the aggressor!
Old 10-10-2013, 03:35 PM   #510 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

You really need to give them just about a week floating in the sorority. I know many people have said just a day or so floating will be fine, but I've had more troubles with that than need be. Always err on the side of caution when it comes to sororities and just go with the week introduction period, trust me, it will save your girls' lives. I hope Bloo get's better though quickly.
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote