Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-13-2013, 09:13 PM   #521 
Elsewhere

Happy Thankgiving! It's almost Halloween! YAAAY! I've asked for the night off of work, I LOVE Halloween! Oh, and my mum has pretty much given away my Christmas present thus far. She's like "How would you divide a 30 gallon?" and I told her and she's like "M...Hmm..." So she's probably thinking of getting me a 30g instead of a 20 I would have the center be the girls, maybe 15 or 20 gallons, depending on which Bettas go in... Then one boy on each end and possibly two on one. I may just keep Pigg in his 5g, he just seems to love it much more than being divided

Oh, and we've been discussing a pond more seriously. Probably 4.5 feet deep to be sure it doesn't freeze all the way down, and 300-450 gallons inside. It actually wouldn't be that big or expensive. I would want to keep 2-4 male Shubunkin goldfish, and ask my aunt if I can have Hannibal back. I probably won't get him, but it's worth a try- I really miss him, he was pretty great.
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:32 PM   #522 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Woohoo! Happy Thanksgiving to you guys! I can't wait for our Thanksgiving but that's another month and a week or so away! Love me some turkey and mashed potatoes though ^_^

I'm so happy things are working a little better and that your mom is considering that for you! My mom asks what I want for Christmas and I go "Fish stuff" and she just gives me this look like, "really?" and rolls her eyes and asks what I really want for Christmas lol. I don't mind though since I really don't need any more tanks anyway

I hope you can really get that pond up and running! That will be too awesome! I always think ponds are great for everyone though, not just the person taking care of it, same goes for fish tanks honestly!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 11:32 PM   #523 
Elsewhere

Pretty much what my mum does, LOL! It doesn't really matter which size to me, just that she's actually on board! And that I don't have to pay for it I was going to save up and get one anyways, so this just makes it a little easier! I'm thinking of going with a NPT for this one, with sand *GASP!* Even though I hate sand, I think it would be really pretty, and if I cycle it first WC would be much easier Whenever someone asks what I want for any holiday I just kind of give them a look and they go "Oh, right, crazy fish lady, gotcha".

Me too! I totally agree with you. My mum is actually excited about it. I don't think I've sucked her into fish yet, but I do think she's getting there. She mostly just wants a really pretty yard decoration that I take care of- plus, we have a deal. I'm only letting her cut out Maple tree down if I get to put a pond in where it used to be. I really love that tree, but I do agree that it's rather annoying. It almost knocks our fence down, the roots are just everywhere, the leaves are pain in the behind in our little backyard and pool, and the branches are too wild to be tamed. But I do love the tree, and so long as the pond goes there and my mum plants another 15 trees (which she is, evergreens. Our neighbours smoke and I can't even keep my window open anymore because of it *eye roll*. She thinks they would help filter it), then I think we're good.

The Walking Dead started tonight! I actually wasn't super impressed by it- I've been calling this for years. My theory with zombies is the plague. The plague was first carried by tics on rats, which bit people and caused the plague. After 10 years, it became airborn. Now, while they did that in past seasons with the whole "if you die you become a zombie" thing, they have yet to incorporate an airborn disease that is passed on by breathing or touch, like the flu or common cold. I don't want to give spoilers, but they seem to be hinting at a new way of passing the disease by being around zombies too much. It could be as simple as low immune systems, but I like that they're doing that in the show (or might be, won't know til next week) and are looking at it more scientifically than many others do.

And back from scientific Elsewhere now. I have a lot of time on my hands to plan out a zombie apocalypse >.> So my family is partially German (I'm 1/8 on my dad's side) and my parents LOVE Oktoberfest. So this year my mum decided that we wouldn't have a Thanksgiving meal with our main family (my mum, dad, brother and I) but that we would have a little Oktoberfest with some Schnitzel and garlic mashed potatoes and cabbage and other things. Oh my, that was AWESOME! And tomorrow I get the day off work to go to my aunt's Thanksgiving dinner! Yay!
Old 10-14-2013, 09:08 AM   #524 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yeah I don't watch Walking Dead but all my friends do and pretty much tell me everything that happens lol so I don't mind ^_^ I have other shows that I want to watch anyway

Aww Maples are my favorite! We have a Japanese Red Maple in our front yard that we got when I was only a baby and it's grow up with me ever since ^_^ Of course, it's about three times the height of me now lol but hey, it's still my tree! Unfortunately our blizzard this past January split the tree in half and broke off the left piece of it if you're looking at it from the house. I made a joke about it "well it ain't half bad now" lol we giggled about it. But it's still healthy surprisingly and doing well. So anyway, yeah, I know how you feel about your Maple tree as well. But the pond idea just sounds fantastic!
Old 10-14-2013, 10:59 AM   #525 
Elsewhere

That's how I got into the show LOL!

Yeah, it isn't my tree, but I do love all of the trees on my property. My tree is Ralph, I rescued it from my grandmother's. It's a Katelpa and it's almost taller than me now! So proud! *Sniffle* I would also just love a pond because my house is SWARMING with mosquitoes, and I've read that Goldfish just love 'em! So hopefully if they were to lay eggs in my pond, the Goldfish would clear that right up!
Old 10-14-2013, 12:40 PM   #526 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yeah I can tell you that ponds don't make a difference with mosquito levels :-/ we have a big pond, well it's like 30-40 feet across and 15 deep in the middle in the rainy season, right now it's probably only 10. Anyway we've got a lot of common goldfish in there and we still get LOTS of mosquito's

Yeah the Maple isn't exactly my tree, it's just a tree that we got when I was very young my tree is a little Spruce tree I got in the fifth grade and planted, it's taller than me as well our little tree's would get along fantastically! lol I love Catalpa tree's though! We have one up at my grandfather's old farm house up the road and we love getting the beanstalks off of it and throwing them at each other or just being all around destructive lol
Old 10-14-2013, 01:39 PM   #527 
Elsewhere

Shhh. Sh. SHHHHHH! My mum doesn't know that! XD Yeah, I can't wait until it matures enough for beans

So I've rearranged the 30g again. I put the small driftwood into Pigg's 5g, and moved the plants to the sides for the Barbs to have more swimming room. I'm trying to convince my mum to spill the beans about Christmas, LOL!
Old 10-14-2013, 09:18 PM   #528 
Elsewhere

AND THAT'S WHY EVERYTHING, EVERY LAST LITTLE THING, MUST GOOOOOOOOO! ACCORDING TO PLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN! I really love Tim Burton movies! Watching Corpse Bride right now!

Aside from that, I've been researching the crap out of NPT, and it totally seems possible. At my aunt's house tonight I picked up some duckweed, hyacinth and lily pads. They look lovely! Sadly they also came with a lot of pond snails, but hopefully I can just squish them out of the tank
Old 10-14-2013, 09:24 PM   #529 
lilbabyvenus

Aaaaaahhhhh! We're watching corpse bride too! Before we moved, my son had a Nightmare Before Christmas themed nursery.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
lilbabyvenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:56 PM   #530 
Elsewhere

Oh that is AMAZING! I LOVE Nightmare Before Christmas!