Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-15-2013, 11:56 AM   #531 
Tony2632

Very nice looking tanks, I love the pictures. Haha, I can see tthat your drift wood's tied down, it looks very natural.
Tony2632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:06 PM   #532 
Tony2632

Are you up rooting that maple tree? If you are, I'd try to get some nice pieces of roots from it for aquariums. But of course you'll have to clean it and boil it.
Tony2632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 05:15 PM   #533 
Elsewhere

Yeah, that's the plan, but I'm not sure if I feel like doing the boiling all over again XD

So I get home from school today and look in the tank, say hi to the fish. Little Anem is greeting me like always. Then she moves to the back of the tank, and he cup has sunken into tank itself. The girls are always jumping around like crazy, so I was wondering if it would happen. At least she was almost done her QT period, and so far so good with the girls! Artemis is her little body guard!
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 06:33 PM   #534 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yeah I had that happen a few times too >.< only thing bad about those cups! Otherwise they're fantastic lol I'm glad she's well!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:56 PM   #535 
Elsewhere

Yep, all fishies are good. I'm not, though. Stupid wrist has me being sent to the doctor ASAP, and I have too much homework and tests and STRESS ISH NESS. I need to go in a hole and not come out for a month.
Old 10-17-2013, 06:34 AM   #536 
Elsewhere

6:44 is too early in the morning to wake up every day. But hey- at least the fish are fed and stuff. So I get up and feed them, in my zombie-like state, when Hera scares the crap out of me and jumps a clear inch into the air and snatches a pellet from my finger, landing sideways in top of Andromeda's cup and managing to fall into the hole, when Aether promptly joins her inside. Luckily no one was hurt during this, and the two hole jumpers are back in the tank. They must have been having secret lessons from Jumper >.> There's 10 minutes of my morning I won't have back XD

The lilypad has died, but holy crap has the duckweed grown. The roots are super long (which everyone, especially the Otos, ADORE) and the hyacinth is doing really well. I might have to do some trimming already! I need to rearrange Pigg's tank, though, the hyacinth is really choking out some of the other plants. Anyways, I need to get going to school- I still have studying to do for that history test.
Old 10-17-2013, 07:08 AM   #537 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Lmao....6:44....I get up at 6 regularly with 5:30 on every other day to shower XD
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:26 PM   #538 
Elsewhere

Oh God I would just die XD So nothing fish related has really been happening, so I'll give you fine people an update on my life :P This morning I smoked my head off of my car door, and soon after I couldn't remember things and began to get foggy and dizzy, so I called home. My mum calls the doctor and we get in around 3, and mum says she thinks I have a concussion. NOPE. Just a migraine ora, a silent migraine. I luckily didn't get a blaring headache, but GUESS WHAT? The doctor checked out my wrist while I was in. TENDONITIS. In the same wrist I had Shingles in 2 years ago. YAY! I LOVE THIS WRIST!

In other news, I'm not very artistic, but I LOVE to sculpt and mold things out of clay. I always do it with modelling clay, which can easily be squished, and lately it's just been ticking me off that when I give it to people as gifts (I ask them for holidays or birthdays if they have preferences- I do people and animals, so they usually like it and I'm usually poor XD) they would often times drop them or accidentally squish them. So we went to Michael's (which gets the same reaction as PetSmart from me) and I picked up some wet clay. Omahgawd, I LOVE wet clay. It took me a couple of days, but I molded a REALLY nice dragon head (one of my specialties) and waited for it to dry and become solid. It took about 2 days, and so last night I bought some acrylic paint, and about an hour ago I began to paint it. Yeah. The horns broke off. I was so mad. I just ran downstairs and started yelling "Where's the spray bottle?! I left it right there!" and now it's gone, so I decided to just wing it. With most of the head painted black (eyes being added one after the weekend) I soaked the top of the head and the horns in water and reattached them as best as I could. Well, now I've wasted a half a bottle of black acrylic paint, ruined a white paintbrush for nothing, covered my hands in staining brown clay, and have to wait another 48 hours for drying before I repaint. THIS IS JUST GREAT!

It's been a crappy day for me, and now my head is starting to hurt from smelling Sharpies for 2 hours, since my mum and I were making posters for our yard sale tomorrow. I'm off to sit and watch clay dry, but I'll probably take some fishy pictures tonight and update them on here
Old 10-18-2013, 08:16 PM   #539 
Elsewhere

AHAHA! THE HORNS HAVE DRIED EARLY! (Gets ready to paint the face)

In other news, I'm pretty adamant on a NPT for the next tank. I'm not sure where to find the substrate, whether it be from PetSmart or dirt from the hardware store, but I would probably just use pool sand, which is super cheap around here. No news on my Maple tree or the pond yet, but holy crap is this Duckweed growing!
Old 10-19-2013, 02:53 PM   #540 
Elsewhere

*Cries* I took my tensor bandage off and leaned on my desk by accident. Allow me to go and scream into a corner.

In other news, we had a yard sale today, and split the money 3 ways (between my brother and I, and my mum and dad shared a bit) and I got 150 bucks! WOOT WOOT! I'm also babysitting tonight, so I'll be saving all of this in my teddy bear jar head so I can try and get that pond next spring! Also, I sold 2 of the biggest Swords today and the tank has really opened up. I'll be rearranging the plants again tomorrow to get them into the perfect spots! Oh, and I let Andromeda and Orchid go. They're both doing well right now The Barbs are really loving the open space of the tank now.