Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-29-2013, 05:30 PM   #551 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-XB0bwtZh8

I made a funnel out of paper and duct tape and used that to pour the sand into it and then you submerge it and the video explains the rest you'll still get some particles floating but it's super easy and just take out the bottle with the dirty water/sand and I just dump it outside/down a drain.
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 06:00 PM   #552 
Elsewhere

Awesome, thanks! Does this work when I first submerge the sand? Do I need to do anything to the sand when I first put it in, like swish it in a bucket or something?
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 06:38 PM   #553 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Nope, I use a small cup. Scoop from bag straight to funnel into soda bottle of any size, I find the regular 20 oz. ones work best. Then fill bottle 3/4 with sand, dry sand and then submerge in the tank; video shows from there. So there's no prepping, just into the tank it goes.
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 03:09 PM   #554 
Elsewhere

Thanks, Lil! I got the dirt all sorted out, and will be bringing the tank in for cleaning soon. Someone is buying some coral that was given to me with the tank, so there's an extra 20 bucks! I now have 50 to spend on what I want! Yay! I'm thinking I'll save that for the sand and some more plants, along with a BN Pleco.
Old 10-31-2013, 08:57 PM   #555 
Elsewhere

HAPPY HALLOWEEN! OMAGAWD I LOVE HALLOWEEN! I got a boat load of candy

In other news, I've finally brought that fish tank inside and it is NASTY. I'll need to do some serious scrubbing tomorrow! It has dead bugs in it too, so gloves it is! Mum and I may go to PetSmart tomorrow for some dividers (I'm really sick of making them, and she's buying as a part of the Christmas gift) and some plants. But we could end up at Wal-Mart instead for sand, since PetSmart is such a far drive for us. It's coming together fairly well at this point, though!
Old 11-01-2013, 02:40 PM   #556 
Elsewhere

Hello all. Things are going good, and later tonight I'll be buying sand and dividers, along with scrubbing down the tank I've thus far saved 15 baby snails from the 30g, and they're in the 10 until Soleil is out, then they'll be back in the 30 with everyone else! I can't seem to type right now, so I'll update with more later!
Old 11-01-2013, 09:14 PM   #557 
Elsewhere

I am so tired. We drove around to pet stores for forfreakingever, and NO ONE sells sand. NO ONE. NOT EVEN WAL-MART. And dividers are like 35 bucks! I can't make them, though, since I'm lazy and I'm just too tired all around, so my mum said as a part of my X-Mas gift she would buy them ^.^

There's this store that used to be near PetSmart, and it was SUPER sketchy and the guy had just disgusting fish tanks and all used products. I don't care about a used fish tank, but used anti-fungal meds are taking it too far. He has just awful customer service and never gives you straight answers. Anyways, he moved his store, and we got there at 8:11. It closed at 8. I went up and tapped on the door, and he kept looking at me and wouldn't open it. I COULD SEE THE SAND FROM THE DOOR. I WAS LIKE, MR DUDE OPEN AND I WILL GIVE YOU MONEY! But NOOOOOOOO be a jerkwad! Erg, I was so mad. I got in the car and was like "JUST DRIVE MOM, DRIVE" and she said we could go tomorrow after my shift.

SPEAKING OF WORK. I hate it. So much. You're not supposed to despise your job this much, honestly. I work nearly 5 hours tomorrow (but not 5 hours, oh how DARE she get a meal break! No, let's make it 4 hours and 45 minutes!) and then 7 and a half hours on Sunday. I haven't worked all week! I mean, you can't space it out a little? Seriously, I would've rather worked after school! And then on Tuesday, I get the closing shift. GOODIE! THE CLOSING SHIFT WHERE THE SAME OLD DUDE COMES IN AT 8:55 AND TAKES HALF AN HOUR TO BUY ICE CREAM! EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Sorry about the rants. I'm exhausted from school and unit tests and sugar highs, and I just wanna lay down and eat olives and watch horror movies.

Oh, and by the by, I didn't win that year exchange thing. I lost to some other randoms, but I'm glad I did, since I was still really on the fence about it. At least now I can officially start planning my pond! MWUAHAHA!
Old 11-02-2013, 08:12 AM   #558 
Elsewhere

KASS NEEDS HELP. ANYONE who reads this, PLEASE go to this link!!!

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread....98#post3326898
Old 11-02-2013, 01:52 PM   #559 
Elsewhere

I decided that euthanasia was Kassiandra's best option. She passed at 9:48am today, just before I left for work. She went peacefully and is no longer in pain. She'll be missed dearly.
Old 11-02-2013, 03:40 PM   #560 
Chachi

Sorry for your loss. :(
Chachi is offline   Reply With Quote