Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-02-2013, 04:22 PM   #561 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

I'm sorry about Kass geeze, all of our sororities are just kind of going kaput..huh? :-/
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 05:23 PM   #562 
Elsewhere

Sadly I only have 6 girls left now, and they'll be going into the divided 30 hopefully tomorrow. I don't know if I'll get anymore girls to keep this going, but for now everyone is healthy and happy. I think Kass just came to me with too poor an immune system to handle sorority stress. Soon I'll be emptying and cleaning the 28 hex, finally, and filling it with the dirt. NO ONE SELLS SAND. So I instead caved and bought really fine and small gravel, kind of like tiny little chip things. I'm really hoping it'll work out. I got Plexiglas dividers, precut in the exact size, from a pet store. I was super impressed with the fact that they had them! Anyways, I need to head off to start cleaning.
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 06:46 PM   #563 
Elsewhere

I finished cleaning the tank! It's sitting in my room as I type. This is going to be so difficult, and we'll be hopefully doing the ole switcheroo tomorrow morning, in an hour and a half. I have the tank a bit from the 2 10's, and I'll be filling it up with water and decorations and plants, then adding the 30 residents. Then I'll put the Plexiglas in the 30, then take all of the fish out of the 10's, then the plants, and add the plants to the 30, then add the fish. THEN I need to empty the 10's, move them from the room, get the dressers out, add in a new dresser, move the hex full of water and fish, and then go and die. In an hour and a half. I really don't know if we'll make it. We may need to get started and then finish the rest after I'm done work.

Here are some pics!

Just removed the sand:

Guess who wanted to help?

In my room:

Dirt layer:

Gravel on top:

Sorority:

Divided 10:

5g:

30g:

Oh, and guess what? NO ONE sells BN Plecos. I had called everywhere in the area except for PetSmart, as I really don't want PetSmart fish. So I call them up, and they're the only people within 2 hours that sell BN Plecos! They're having a sale this weekend, but I don't have the room to QT it for 2-3 weeks right now. Hopefully next weekend I can get one, or maybe go to Big Al's to get one
Old 11-02-2013, 09:34 PM   #564 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yeah, I used gravel in Rembrandt's 3 and it totally works fine! Dirt usually settles to the bottom after a little while anyway, as long as there is some layer on top, it's fine ^_^ The only thing is that I couldn't get cories if I wanted to, not that I would with a 3 but still. I mean I could, but I wouldn't want to hurt their barbels!

And damn, wish I could send you fish, we even have baby BN Pleco's! My LFS has nearly four in every tank and they have LOTS of tanks! They also have a tank full of baby BN's and baby Panda Gara's! So CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-03-2013, 07:21 AM   #565 
Elsewhere

ERMAGERD SNEAK THEM INTO CANADA! LOL. I wish that ANYONE but PetSmart had them :/ Last night I filled the 28 with water, and today I'll be tearing down the 10's and getting the 28 heated, hopefully before work, then quickly assembling the 30 and getting all the fish set up!
Old 11-03-2013, 06:48 PM   #566 
Elsewhere

I HATE THE STUPID FISH STORE GUY. He lied before and he's lied again! He told me the dividers would perfectly fit a 30g, and they were WAY too tall and now can only go in slanted! Why can't anyone ever tell the truth anymore? I mean, COME ON DUDE!
Old 11-04-2013, 03:50 PM   #567 
Elsewhere

My neighbours are the BEST! One of them saw my mum attempting to score and snap the Plexiglas, then offered to cut it and did so in like five minutes! He's so amazing! Neither of the Plexiglas pieces fit right width wise, one is a little too thin and the other much too thick and slanted, but now the lid goes over top! My wrist is just dreadful once again. This morning it was severely swollen and throbbing like crazy. I can't work tomorrow, since I don't want to further injure it. I work 12.5 hours this weekend, which is what murdered my wrist. God, I hate it.

Anyways, the boys are in the 30, and soon the girls will be too. I'm selling one 10 and keeping the other for QT and sick fish. Also because you never know Yesterday I left the lid off of the 30, and when I got home and put it back on, ONE OF THE EGG CLUTCHES HATCHED ON MY FLOOR. I quickly scooped the babies up and tossed them in the tank. I figured they were all dead, but they fell on the driftwood and this morning they were gone I would have figured they were eaten, but there are no fish in the tank!

So sometime soon I'll be getting the BNP, which I'm very excited about. I also discovered in moving the fish that one Oto died, which I'm okay with. I mean, for the amount of time I had them and how sensitive Otos are, this is pretty good that I only lost one. I'm thinking that when I get the BNP I'll be getting another 1-3 Otos, keeping it between 4 and 6.

The light on the top of the 28 hex is broken. Not the bulb, but the entire fixture. The button is rusted stuck (we've tried everything) and the wiring is all screwy. We're trying to find something either at PetSmart or on Amazon, and I'll be making a thread about it soon in the Planted Tanks area

I'll be taking tank pics soon!
Old 11-05-2013, 06:13 PM   #568 
Elsewhere

PetSmart didn't have any Otos with them, but they did have one itty bitty little BNP left! GAHHHH! I don't know if it's a boy or a girl, but I'm naming it Linus. He is SO CUTE. My mum is like "I can't even see him" but I'm like "NO HE IS ADORABLE!" I also finally got root tabs, and will add them tomorrow after school. As soon as my mum gets back we're moving my room around. Oh, I also got plants! I got 5 (supposed to be 3, but they owe me after the Hornwart incident >.>) Jungle Valisneria. I think it's half Jungle and half Corkscrew, but they're the same price, so it doesn't really matter- I like both.

Moving my room! I'm moving 2 dressers out and one big dresser in. The hex will go in one corner with the dresser beside it and Linus's 10g QT on top, along with a VHS player. My book shelf will fit in somewhere I need a fish room!

I'll be spamming with pics soon!
Old 11-05-2013, 07:36 PM   #569 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Congrats on the Bristlenose! They're so cute! You can't actually sex them until they're about 3-4 inches long I believe. The males will grow the bristles on his nose while the female will have a few but they'll stay very short!
Old 11-06-2013, 06:03 PM   #570 
Elsewhere

Please go to this thread to help Wilt!!!

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread....05#post3351705