Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-06-2013, 07:24 PM   #571 
Elsewhere

RIP to my little Wilt man. He was so good to me, always flaring and nibbling my fingers. He was my first HMPK male and I loved him so much. Hopefully he meets up with Gabe and Boreas and they all hang out together, fighting over Kass, Aphrodite, Bloo, Andromeda, Athena, Pandora, Gaia, Hestia, Themis, and all of the other fish I have lost.
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 07:32 PM   #572 
Elsewhere

Some pictures from yesterday and earlier this evening.

Old 11-06-2013, 07:35 PM   #573 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Baby Pleco!!!! So adorbs! Your tanks look great!
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 07:47 PM   #574 
Elsewhere

Thanks, Lil! Linus seems bigger even today o.O It could just be that he's not clamped up anymore and it enjoying the tank though

Since Wilt died, I'll now have 25 gallons for the girls and Linus and Atlas will get his 5. I don't think Atlas needs anymore room, he's getting older and doesn't show off like he used to. I was thinking, perhaps a small school of something might do well. I love the look of schools in tanks, but I don't know what would be appropriate. Perhaps Glowlight Tetras or some kind of small Barb? It's just a thought that had crossed my mind when I first divided the tank, and I got Linus for the 20 gallon part, but even with him I was still only at 80% and now with the extra 5g... I don't know. My mum will of course want to kill me, but it could work. I don't know, I'm just going on at this point.
Old 11-06-2013, 07:55 PM   #575 
Elsewhere

I just checked it out on Aqadvisor, and with 8 Glowlight Tetras I would be at 98% stocking. Not the best, but with all of my plants and with so much filtration, I think it would be okay. I wouldn't go for it for a while now, probably not until the New Year, but it's just a thought.
Old 11-07-2013, 02:52 PM   #576 
Elsewhere

Everyone is doing good today... So much for burying the fish. It has been raining since Sunday here :/ This morning I had a heart attack when I saw Aether chilling on the bottom looking very sick and Atlas with nearly no colour. But as soon as the pellets went in, both were up and colourful and happy. Fish do really weird things in their sleep! Atlas hasn't done that in a little while, but isn't uncommon for him. And Aether is just weird in general XD I'll be moving Atlas soon and rearranging all the plants. Hopefully I'll have more pics tonight
Old 11-07-2013, 09:55 PM   #577 
Quinn

So sorry about Wilt :'(
Linus is adorbs though!
Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 03:17 PM   #578 
Elsewhere

Thanks, Quinn. I'll be going out to bury him and Kass in a minute.

I got more girls today!!! Pics soon, they're so tiny and cute! I got three- white, purple and blue. The white is Madame Foster (just Madame as a nickname), the purple is Lilac and the blue is Coco. I don't think I've ever owned girls this small- they're smaller than Anem when she arrived, and that's saying something! I don't think they're babies, and they're all girls as far as I can tell, and hopefully I'll be getting some more tonight from a different pet shop
Old 11-08-2013, 05:47 PM   #579 
Elsewhere

These new girls are too sassy! They're just flaring up a storm and keep trying to beat the crap out of anyone who comes near their cups! Hopefully they take the hint and stop being so dominant by the time they go in. They'll certainly get in some trouble! Hera has her work cut out for her- she's the most gentle Betta I've ever met, and always sticks with the newbies until they can fend for themselves. Hopefully she can handle 3-6 at a time! I'll need to QT them for quite a while, though, since they seem small enough that they could fit into the holes in Atlas's divider :/

In other news, my brother is at the theatre and I'm enjoying some time without video games blasting from the other room, eating my delicious noodles and watching the fish. Soon a horror movie marathon, and the night will be perfect!
Old 11-09-2013, 01:18 PM   #580 
Elsewhere

So I went out and got more fish... I came back with Leuvin (pronounced Loo-Vin) AND an unnamed DT boy! I am so excited about him, he is just GORGEOUS! I couldn't resist him! Guess what? Coco got out last night. And about an hour ago, so did Madame! Erg, at least they aren't hurt, and if they're carrying some kind of disease, it's too late now :/ I tried catching them, but they're just too fast. I'll be moving the new male from a floating cup to Linus's QT, just in case his cup spills too. The snails are doing it, climbing up the side and tipping them over. I can't risk it with a male.

Before I upload my pics, I have some bad news. I found Aether's skeleton today. She had been pushing everyone around lately, and I guess they just had enough of it. My poor little marble. She'll be missed dearly. I didn't bury her, as there wasn't much to bury and it's still raining. I still haven't gotten Wilt and Kass out there yet.

Here are some pics, though! I'll point out the newbs.

Madame:

Coco:

Lilac:

Leuvin:

Unnamed boy: