Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-26-2013, 09:44 PM   #51 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Huh...well that's weird! I hope they do eat it :)
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:57 PM   #52 
Elsewhere

Oh my, it sure has been a while! UPDATES TIME!

Still have the algae, but the Otos are lacking -_- instead of 6 I'm going to get 4 and keep the Cories (the people who wanted them backed out) and add a second filter. For the filter, I have one for a 30g and one for a 20g- along with the Aqueon 30, which one do you guys think is best?

Oh, and an ELEVENTH GIRL! Her story is on the Betta Care Board entitled "Jumper McSpazzatron". Ha. Only non Greek Mythology name in the tank!

The algae is growing only because I'm letting it now- I want the Otos to have lots to do when they get here! One pet store is special ordering them for me, so I will actually get them this week ;)
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 03:08 PM   #53 
crowntaillove3

Jumper McSpazzatron... LOL! Do you have any recent pics?
Also: How did you get green cabomba AND corkscrew vall?! I wanted those sooo bad, but my Petsmart doesn't carry them! Lucky you!
crowntaillove3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 03:24 PM   #54 
Elsewhere

No, I can't find my memory card so I've been without pics :/ Still looking and hopefully tomorrow I will have some of her!

My PetSmart carries both, haha! There was a huge sale when I got mine, so I got really lucky. Try going on Fridays- depending on where you live they usually get in plants then :)
Old 06-04-2013, 03:36 PM   #55 
crowntaillove3

I'm going to Petco today to get some stuff, so I'll have to take a look at the plants. BTW: Did you hit "enter" every time you entered one of your sorority girls in your signature? If you did, then I can see. I would suggest just making a big space between the girls on the same line so we can read all of the girls.
crowntaillove3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:18 PM   #56 
Elsewhere

No, I had it a different way and it just won't show up... It's really hard to remember all the names and tail types, so I'll fix it some other time!
Old 06-05-2013, 11:32 AM   #57 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Ah yeah, signature woes haha I've moved mine around much as well. I gave up on color coding my girls with their tail types because I've got too many now, so it's just the boy's who've got special things

So let me get this straight, you have a filter on your tank right now, right? If so, what is that one rated for? And it seems like you've got three more filters that you could possibly use? Two rated for 30 gallons and one rated for 20?
Old 06-06-2013, 03:22 PM   #58 
Elsewhere

The filter I currently have is rated for 30 gallons, two for 20 gallons and one for a 10 gallon, but that one's in use. I just feel as if the one I currently have wouldn't be much use with more bioload, because I already had the one before it break...
Old 06-06-2013, 04:16 PM   #59 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Oh okay, I'd just throw another 20 on it then and keep the 30 running as well. You can never have too much filtration!
Old 06-06-2013, 04:48 PM   #60 
Elsewhere

Awesome, thanks lilnaugrim!