Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-25-2013, 07:27 PM   #631 
Elsewhere

Thanks so much. You really are my hero, Lil XD I don't know how many mistakes I would've made by now if it wasn't for you!
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 07:56 PM   #632 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

^_^ OMG, I can't keep up with Mo's thread lol. It's mostly just us talking rather than Mo doing a journal XD and np
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 10:05 PM   #633 
Elsewhere

I know! I'm just like "Calm down, guyz, I can only read so much!" XD It really is an interesting read, though, if I can make the time!

Ugh, I need to go and get my eyes checked out >.< I'm having issues with one of them being really fuzzy, like there's a film over it, and it's not dust motes or my glasses being dirty. I also can't read things very well anymore. Hopefully I'm not legit going blind >.> How much would that suck?

Artemis seems really pissed at me, just sitting and giving me her glare eyes. she's like "I MIGHT BE TROPICAL, BUT I LIKE IT AT 80, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!" She's finally not clamped, though, and swimming around more freely.

For some reason my plants seem to be thinning out.. They're getting taller, not fatter! I need to do some serious trimming up in here, probably on Wednesday, though.

Tomorrow I work for 4 hours and 45 minutes. 3:45-8:30. I don't get a dinner break unless I work for 5 hours. I'm so freaking mad! It's like, really, 15 minutes is THAT big a deal? I'm gonna be super hungry and grouchy over 15 friggin minutes?! Erg, I wish hours weren't being cut back! I get like 8 hours a week!

ANYWAY, I need to head in soon, but I'm not feeling tired at all. Perhaps some milk will fix this! Ignore my ramblings!
Old 11-26-2013, 03:05 PM   #634 
Elsewhere

Heading out to work soon. The computer's being weird again >.< Everyone looks good- Artemis has a few less white spots than yesterday, but will only swim up for a second before disappearing to her favourite plant. Milo is in love with my finger. He looks all sad until I place it on his tank glass, then flares up and works on his MASSIVE bubble nest all proud and manly.

Atlas looks so much better. Some of the gross finnage is falling off and the red has receded a little. He's swimming around more and his tail seems a little easier to use. Hopefully he'll be all better soon!
Old 11-26-2013, 09:44 PM   #635 
Elsewhere

I have some pretty bad news about Artemis. While the white spots are receding a little, I noticed her chilling by the bottom and having difficulty breathing, so I scooped her up. She's currently in a cup that was treated with AQ salt that has very little wat in it so she can breath without trouble. I inspected her body further, and it's bad. The girls have always been vicious towards the ill and weak, and it's certainly showing. They've just torn her underbelly up. As far as I can tell, it's (luckily) just a flesh wound and there aren't any organs hanging out. I don't know how much more I can deal with sorority life. I love all of my girls, but I'm beginning to think that they may need to be rehomed. I can't deal with the sorority stress anymore, and I'm too sure they can either. I know some people who would love to take them in, but I'll give it a lot more thought before I make any decisions. If Artemis were to survive this, I would of course keep her, since she was my second ever female (she and Themis were my first girls, bought ten minutes apart). If she unfortunately passes (please don't, girly) I would be keeping Orchid or Anem, my sweet AB girls.

But enough of this giving away talk, I need to consider these things much more before I ever come to a final decision. Artemis is currently wrapped in a thick towel on my desk, and hopefully this destresses her enough to get her healthy again soon!
Old 11-26-2013, 10:00 PM   #636 
Elsewhere

I talked with my mum about it, and she was of course all for it, but even the thought of giving away the girls had made my chest feel less tight. I love them all, but they cause me such stress, wondering who'll be dead, sick or injured when I come home. I've already asked some people if they'd like a girl, and I'll slowly start giving them away in the next couple of weeks.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:28 AM   #637 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

I'm really sorry Elsewhere I sort of know the feeling. I'm not sure which is worse though, sending them off to place they might be well and loved or them passing but you know they had a good life with you. I think they're both equally sucky though and I'm sorry that it might happen.

But looking at the upsides of things, you could then use the 2.5 as your shrimp tank and move Milo over to the thirty and divide it or something. :)
Old 11-27-2013, 08:57 AM   #638 
Elsewhere

I've decided. I thought about it for a long time last night, and I really think it's what's best for me and them. I just don't want to wake up to more injuries and illnesses from them. My aunt said I would get sick of fish, but I haven't (the wheels are already turning for a community tank and one female Betta) and I still love my Bettas, just not all together. I have really amazing news- Artemis survived the night! I'll keep treating her with AQ Salt in the cup (it seems to be helping) and later, when everyone has gone to new homes, I'll add her back in.

Ugh, this is difficult. But at least one of my girls I'll be able to see all the time, my friend's mother has called dibs on one! And another girl I know who's getting into breeding wants one as well, but a little further away, past Christmas. Hopefully they all get scooped up quickly with people I know, rather than strangers.

EDIT** I forgot! SNOOOOOOOOOOOOW DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! WOOHOO! AND A PA DAY ON FRIDAY! AW. YISS.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:22 AM   #639 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

I'm glad to hear it's all going well ^_^ Sororities are stressful, not just for the fish but us as well I've found and many others as well. I think small sororities will work out better, ones of sisters rather than strangers, like in a 10 gallon would be okay. But the bigger ones never seem to do as well even though, usually the more girls the better they are. idk, it's just one of those weird things that happens.

Ugg thank god we've got no snow, instead we've got a rain storm and I'd much rather be soaked rather than try to drive in snow!!! And what's a PA Day?
Old 11-27-2013, 09:44 AM   #640 
Elsewhere

Yes, it was going fine in the 10 gallon, and everything is going great now, too. It's just that the Artemis situation was my last straw, the final chink in the armor. She's my favourite girl and I love her to bits- losing her would've been like losing Pigg or Atlas.

I love the snow! It means snow days and I don't have to go outside! Woohoo! I also can't really take the dogs out today, either, since the roads are so bad, so I can sit here and be warm. YAY!

A PA Day is when teachers all have a conference and the kids get to stay home. I think they've changed it to PD (personal development) day, but I'm not too sure.