Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-27-2013, 09:29 AM   #641 
Mo

Just started reading and I'm so sorry about Artemis I know you'll make the right choice for her though

And lil, I know what you mean.. Most of my sororities just happened to be full of siblings so I very rarely had any problems.. I only have one sorority right now and it's 4 girls.. Two white siblings and two multicolor siblings... The sibs seem to stick together and rarely interact with the other fish...
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 09:31 AM   #642 
Elsewhere

Thanks so much, Mo. She seems to be doing okay, and I think I got her just in time. The wound seems to just be flesh, no internal damage. I'm hoping one day it will just be an ugly scar.

Yes, I have siblings in my tanks as well- 2 sets of twins, and both never leave each other. My AB girls also stick together along with Coco and Lilac, but Andromeda and Hera seem to be the loners of the tank, though Hera also seems like the alpha.
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 09:37 AM   #643 
Mo

Yeah. The whites are always swimming together and the Multi's are always swimming together aswell but it's weird because they rarely interact with eachother.. And I feel bad because after spawning one girls not necessarily lethargic, but she's less active so the other white is of course acting off too
Old 11-27-2013, 02:02 PM   #644 
Elsewhere

I'm at my friend's house and just dropped off Orchid. She's really happy currently in a 10g with a male Guppy and 3 baby Mystery Snails. Hoping she'll do well here :)
Old 11-27-2013, 07:00 PM   #645 
Elsewhere

Update: Both Artemis and Atlas are responding very well to treatments. Artemis is moving her injured pectoral around and Atlas's tail isn't covered in red clumps at the bottom. The red in his tail in the middle is still there, but his tail doesn't look as stiff today. Artemis is responding really well to the salt. She swam around a little today and actually pooped, but still won't eat anything. I'll change her cup again before bed and I might just wrap her in the towel again with low water so she isn't struggling. Fingers crossed that she can pull through this!
Old 11-28-2013, 02:51 PM   #646 
Elsewhere

Gah, I'm so excited! Artemis fluttered today! Every time I greet her, she flutters her big ears and does a little dance. Since being cupped, she's stopped doing that from her injuries, but today she did it! EEEE! I'm so proud of her! The wound is looking so much better. It's less puffy and seems to be closing up! Hera has a home she'll be going to soon, and hopefully Andromeda does too. Someone else wants either Leuvin or Anem, and I think Anem is okay to go, considering how much Artemis has improved!
Old 11-28-2013, 04:16 PM   #647 
Elsewhere

I feel like crying in the corner. All the girls have found wonderful homes. Anem will go to a breeder and have beautiful babies and live in a lavish 5g tank. Hera will go to a 20g tank with some Guppy friends. Evvie, Leuvin and Lilac will go together to start a new sorority. It will be just them for a bit, but I feel like they would okay since they've gotten along so well thus far. Madame and Foster, Coco, Beatrice and Andromeda will go to a home together. Madame, Foster, Coco and Beatrice will start a sorority in a 10 gallon and Andromeda will finally have her own little tank.

I know I made the decision that it's the best thing, and all of these people are incredibly trustworthy and fish lovers (one is my neighbour and the rest are part of a fish group on FB) and they'll give my girls wonderful lives, but letting go is a really hard thing for me to do. Knowing they're in good hands is enough for half of me, but the other half wants to call it off and keep them all >.< 3 girls will go tomorrow, 2 on Sat and the red on a predetermined date.
Old 11-28-2013, 06:15 PM   #648 
Elsewhere

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread....29#post3503729

Artemis is really looking up, so I've made a thread about where to go from here and what can I do about this, now that it seems she'll be living to see another day. Feel free to check it out and see the pics I posted.
Old 11-28-2013, 08:32 PM   #649 
Elsewhere

I was talking with a friend today who's a grade ahead of me, and she decided to take biology. In biology they do a study on animals in ecosystems. Basically, the kids find (her words, not mine) "a small aquatic animal that won't live long" and put it into an environment (a small little jar or bucket with little coverage) and then don't touch it for a month to see reactions from the water and creature. She got an ADF, and still owns it now and he's healthy, but I'm like, what the heck am I supposed to do now? I wanted to take biology next year, but if this is what they do in that class, you can count me out! Ugh, I hate it when teachers do that. You think they'd know how bad that is for a fish or a frog!

In other news, every last girl has found a home and almost all have dates set with when they'll be getting dropped off/ picked up. I'm just awaiting the response of the girl who's taking 5 for if she needs a drop off or if she can get them, and then it'll be official. Which is scary. And it sucks. It'll be so weird not having them in there, but I'm just telling myself over and over that it's what's best for them, not me.
Old 11-28-2013, 08:37 PM   #650 
Mo

Great to know that Artemis is doing better

I know it's hard but thankfully your fish are going to great homes.. They'll be just as happy as they were with you