Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-20-2013, 11:11 AM   #741 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

No worries for the rant, totally acceptable! The guy is a butt for sure! Hopefully the Oto's will go to a nice home then ^^
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 11:16 AM   #742 
Elsewhere

Yes, I hope so too :) There was another woman who really wanted them, so I'm just waiting for a reply from her. I'm hoping the fishes will be all good with no food and light today XP
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 11:19 AM   #743 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

They'll be fine, don't worry ^_^ besides, the darkness will help them keep calm enough that they probably won't even use much energy and then they'll be nice and hungry to munch on the algae in the other woman's tank yay lol
Old 12-20-2013, 12:40 PM   #744 
Elsewhere

I can't stop crying. I came home to find Atlas gone. It's completely out of blue, I have no idea what happened. He had fresh water and he had food- nothing was wrong but the fin rot. No new salts, nothing. Only the conditioner was new, but I've been using it for almost a week now, and no one else showed symptoms. He was perfectly healthy last night. I don't get this! Why? Why would he have to go and die like that?!
Old 12-20-2013, 12:49 PM   #745 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Like not in his tank or gone as in died? I'm so sorry though I know it probably doesn't help but more often than not we try to pin deaths on medications or diseases or anything but sometimes they can just die. It's the same thing in humans, sometimes we just drop dead and even the most advanced scientist doesn't know what happens. And in that, we tend to not like it, we as humans have to point a finger somewhere and we end up pointing it at ourselves and it's not our fault no matter how you look at it. I just want you to remember that, I'm sure you know and it probably still won't help the more I blabber on about human tendencies, but I just wanted to say it in hopes.

Swim in peace little Atlas.
Old 12-20-2013, 12:52 PM   #746 
Elsewhere

As in he died. He was in a .5g because of his fin problem from before, I was planning on releasing him today. At least I know it isn't the tank water, since he's been out of it for 2 weeks now. I can't believe he's gone. He was my second Betta, I haven't even had a year with him.
Old 12-20-2013, 12:55 PM   #747 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

I'm really sorry
Old 12-20-2013, 01:16 PM   #748 
Elsewhere

Thanks, Lil. I'll be moving Milo in there tomorrow, and I think I'll do my shrimp colony in the 2.5 afterwards. My mum will kill me, but I think she may be past trying to reason with me at this point.

Probably the Sunday after Christmas I'll get my shrimp and goldfish. I don't even feel excited about it anymore.
Old 12-20-2013, 02:38 PM   #749 
Elsewhere

Milo will be moved today, instead. Just finished the WC, so he can go in now- I was planning it tomorrow, but it got bumped up due to boredom.
Old 12-20-2013, 05:56 PM   #750 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

How's Milo doing now?