Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:43 PM   #72 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

!
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 08:50 PM   #73 
Elsewhere

Well... Pandora passed away at about 9pm. I have no idea why. She wasn't eating yesterday, but I thought nothing of it, and now... She's gone. Just like that. Yesterday she was fine and I couldn't check on them today, since I was working. I got home and couldn't find her after a WC. I found her at nine and she was gone. First Athena and now Pandora... Nobody else looks sick, yet. My water is fine and I have the filters going... I'm doing enough water changes, I quarantined all the fish! I don't understand why they're dying!

Last edited by Elsewhere; 07-14-2013 at 08:53 PM.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:02 AM   #74 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Oh no, I'm so sorry!

Have you looked into possible parasites? Anyone else look bloated at all? Are they the same symptoms of not eating? Did they look the same that you could see of?
Old 07-15-2013, 10:01 AM   #75 
Elsewhere

No, Pandora was incredibly skinny when she died and Athena extremely bloated... Who I think to be my Alpha, Aphorodite, is a little bloated but is the healthiest of the bunch so far as I can tell. Kassiandra is also a bit bloated, but she was pretty skinny when I bought her so I thought nothing of it. A couple girls (Hera and Demeter) look eggy, but not bloated...

I'm looking into parasites, and Athena ate a little but Pandora I can't tell, I wasn't watching her as closely. Everyone else looks the same as they have for the past weeks, for now at least...
Old 07-15-2013, 10:11 AM   #76 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Okay that's fine. can you get any Frozen or Freeze-dried Daphnia? This would help get their bowels moving and if anything is in their intestines/stomach then it will flush it out; getting rid of potential parasites. It might be a good thing to at least try since you've already had two deaths. Even if they aren't quite related, it's a good way to keep them healthy too.

Also feeding them mosquito larvae, not sure if you've got lots of mosquito's where you are or if it's too cold? But if you do, you can set out a small bucket of conditioned water, it can be old tank water as well and let mosquito's multiply in there. And in a day or two you'll get their larvae and you can scoop some out, give them a rinse with some new conditioned water and then you can use a dropper or spoon of sorts to feed them a few at a time. You don't want to dump it all in in case they don't eat them, you'll end up with mosquito's in the house annnnnddd that's never fun!
Old 07-15-2013, 12:43 PM   #77 
Elsewhere

I have some freeze-dried Daphnia that I'll give them in just a second... My mother threw out a bucket of water full of larvae two days ago! Crap! I'll refill the bucket and wait.

Thank you so much lilnaugrim, I really appreciate all of your help. Everyone looks good right now, Kassiandra wouldn't eat pellets but ate a couple of freeze-dried bloodworms. I'll be getting live or frozen bloodworms tomorrow when I go and get Pigg's supplies at PetSmart.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:47 PM   #78 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Oh that's great! I'm really happy that you have all that stuff for them!! It's going to help for sure I'm glad that everyone else is looking okay for now!! Hopefully they'll stay that way!!
Old 07-15-2013, 01:03 PM   #79 
Elsewhere

Andromeda is looking a little wistful... Kassiandra ate the Daphnia, but others wouldn't. I've never fed it to anyone but Kassiandra and Artemis before, and I find with this bunch their very picky eaters :P I finally got my camera back, so I'll update with some pictures.

Themis is looking a little down. She can't find her food, I spend ten minutes every morning and evening trying to get her to eat it, but she just can't see it at all... She looks skinnier than usual, and I'm hoping she'll eat tonight.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:10 PM   #80 
Elsewhere

Pictures: