Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-11-2014, 10:25 PM   #911 
Elsewhere

We took the 30 down today and now it's sitting on the bathroom, waiting flr me to move it to my room empty. I'll be cursing myself tomorrow for being so lazy today when I need to have a shower XD

The snails are in a 2.5 temporarily. I'm changing it out twice a day, maybe three times, with cucumber and possibly an algae wafer or two. I really hope someone takes them soon. I want to keep them, but they'll either be tortured by Soleil or cramped in the 10g >.< I did not sign up for babies with these guys!

I'll be cleaning the tanks tomorrow, along with doing a lot of homework and studying. Stupid exams are coming up. My math exam is going to be death. It's so long my teacher thinks we need three days and five and a half hours to do it. Why? Why would you make such a thing? Erg. I don't have time for all of this stuff. For studying, ISU's, extra tests, exams, assignments and new units. There honestly is not enough time in the rest of the school year for all of this stuff.

Sorry for the rant XD
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:39 PM   #912 
Elsewhere

Just found out that I'm a great grandma! Estabon and Consuela's babies that I gave to my friend's mum had eggs, and they just recently hatched! Yay! My little babies are grandparents!
Old 01-13-2014, 08:14 AM   #913 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Holy crap that's a lot of snails!! good luck getting rid of them! And good luck on your Math Exam as well >.< geez, even in college our exams are only like an hour usually. At times it does take the entire 3 hour block given to us for exams but usually we finish things in around an hour to hour and a half.....yikes.
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 03:08 PM   #914 
Elsewhere

Thanks... So far no offers... I'd really like for them to go this weekend, but it probably won't happen.

All the tanks are squeaky clean and all fish are good! I had a dream last night that Leo died o.O What the heck does THAT mean?

My math teacher was all mad today because I didn't do the homework. She thinks I don't dedicate enough time to it. Are you freaking kidding me? I get lower marks in other classes to keep up with math, which isn't even vital to my current career choice! Today I had an English ISU due and a massive WW2 history test, so yeah, I gave the weekend to my other classes for once because I comprehend the Sine law. It just kills me how much all of my teachers expect us to do right now because they forgot they were on a timeline, and they think we don't have three other classes to go to.

Sorry, all I seem to be doing is ranting on here >.<

On fishy notes, when I cleaned the 27 the other day, the Barbs wouldn't stop biting me. What is this? I had just fed them, and they were munching away on my hand XD Weird little dudes.

Oh, and if anyone was interested in what happened with the guinea pigs, I have a whole journal about them you can check out :)
Old 01-14-2014, 06:42 AM   #915 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

That dream just sounds like you were thinking about him too much or something. Didn't you have an LFS that would take the snails? Hell, I would just give them all the them if no one else was offering, that's what I do lol
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 02:53 PM   #916 
Elsewhere

Hopefully. He's doing just fine, still has those weird colour changes, though. Like, he'll be super bright purple one second and then pale the next. Weird fish!

I have bad news. No pictures, maybe ever. I can't upload pics from my camera to my tablet, and I can't get Internet on my comp that holds pics >.< Erg, stupid computer!

A reposted an ad for the snails, and a bunch of people have offered to take them, so they'll be split up and shipped off by the end of the month!
Old 01-19-2014, 10:52 AM   #917 
Elsewhere

So. Tired. Exams are literally killing me. I decided to take yesterday off of studying so I could RELAX and now I need to get stiff done, but I'm just SO TIRED. ERGAMUFFIN.

I'm thinking that I'm only going to change the water on both tanks every two weeks. Both remain at perfect levels throughout, and it will take me less time tl care for them. Just going to have to fill them up. Woo!
Old 01-19-2014, 11:47 AM   #918 
PetMania

Hi! Checking in to see how you are doing. I hate big tests, too. And that's a lot of snails.
PetMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:58 PM   #919 
Elsewhere

Hey Pet! Good to see you on again!

So we're moving the 30 downstairs soon, and I'm thinking of putting Soleil and the Barbs in that tank along with some Pearl Danios from my neighbour's. She has them in a 10g, and realized that it was top small, so she's looking to rehome them before they get too big. I hope they'll get along with everyone. At least I don't need to QT them, my neighbour has taken great care of them, she was just misinformed.

I have a stocking plan for the 27 hex if the plan with the 30 follows through. I'm thinking of a powder blue dwarf gourami, ten Dainty Cories, fifteen Ember Tetras and Estabon. According Aqadvisor, I'll be 97% stocked. Plus the plants and more frequent WC, I think it'll be fine. I might lower the levels of fish to be sure everything will be fine, but for now that's my plan! Hopefully that will keep me updating on this as it continues.

I'll be using sand in the 30, and if my neighbour just happens to find a home for the fish before I'm ready for them, I might get a couple of Kuhli Loaches, which would be awesome. My mum thinks it's a great idea, we just need to clear out the space! Woo!
Old 01-21-2014, 05:36 PM   #920 
tiffanylucky

Drink coffee or tea. That's my advice. Works for me unless I don't have time to make that, I drink water. Also peppermint will help u as well. So carry some with u.
tiffanylucky is offline   Reply With Quote