betta fish

Old 01-21-2014, 06:29 PM   #921 
PetMania

It's good to be back :)

tea sounds good....
PetMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 06:32 PM   #922 
Elsewhere

I bet it is, Pet! It's great seeing you around the forum!

Everyone is good, I'll be cleaning tanks tomorrow or Monday. Not too much to update on, which is why the thread is kind of going through a dry spell. I'm happy to not be updating, though, since it means that there isn't anything wrong with the fish. Snails are still here, I only got rid of two. Consuela passed, but she was with me for over a year and I'm not too upset over it. I'm shocked that Estabon is still hanging around!
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 06:37 PM   #923 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Well happy everyone's doing well! And you as well. Just was reading about your piggies, sucks that lady didn't come through, Wilfred was absolutely adorable! But I'm sure your new babies will be more adorable than anything else! Good luck with them
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 07:53 PM   #924 
Elsewhere

Thanks Lil! I wish I could pics of the babies up tomorrow, I can only do it through my desktop and it's crashed :/ Love my tablet, but not the lack of a memory card slot or the crappy pictures XD
Old 01-25-2014, 08:04 PM   #925 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yeah I hear you, I'm glad my laptop is still functioning...for now >.< Love my tablet but...I could have used a real laptop for Christmas instead >.< I totally feel ungrateful when I say that but it's true and both my parents knew this! But I am happy with what I got, all fun stuff and stuff I needed
Old 01-25-2014, 08:15 PM   #926 
Elsewhere

Oh I LOVE my tablet, it's fantastic, just what I needed for school! I just wish the desktop worked, LOL
Old 01-25-2014, 08:15 PM   #927 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

What kind of tablet do you have?
Old 01-26-2014, 02:55 PM   #928 
Elsewhere

Windows Surface, you?
Old 01-26-2014, 03:56 PM   #929 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Ah, that would be why. I've just got an Android, so it's basically a big phone that I can't even call out of. It's nice for internet surfing although incredibly slow :-/ I tried using the word processor apps they've got but they all suck so I can't use it for school. Hence why I don't mind the tablet but I would have been better off with a newer laptop lol
Old 02-03-2014, 09:22 PM   #930 
Elsewhere

So updating is not my thing lately >.< Sorry about that, been awful busy lately with the baby pigs and school. Fish news is not the best, I regret to type.

I went into my room the other day, to see Leo swimming furiously and trying to get my attention. From Pigg's side. They both have pretty ripped fins, and Pigg has lost quite a bit of colour. He's been hanging out at the top a lot more often, or is lying on the bottom. Cupping doesn't help. I feel it may be his time. He's an old guy, even if some people say two isn't that old. But when it's two that's been through more tank changes, cycles, and treatments for fin rot I can't even count, I'd say it's an old two. I'm not giving him treatment, I don't want to stress him out even more. I'm trying my hand at clean water and a stress free environment, and hopefully that'll get me another two years out of him.

On top of that, the ich has returned. I am just EXCITED. I LOVE IT. I'm doing my natural remedy, raised temps and frequent changes. I'll add salt if it doesn't help. Just Milo this far, it hasn't spread to Leo or Pigg at all, for some reason. I highly doubt it'll stay like that, so the whole tank is being treated. Ugh. Just when things were supposed to get easy.

As per usual, nothing is happening in the hex tank. Everyone is healthy and happy and never ill (fingers crossed nothing changes) and still biting my hands a lot!

I'm hoping to update more often, and I'll post about Pigg and Milo with updates soon!