Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-08-2014, 08:08 AM   #971 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

OH! BrodrickStrider! He contacted me about two of my fish I have for adoption! We're working out a thing with another member who has a PO Box in NY right over the border and will hopefully transfer the fish from the US over to your side!!!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 12:19 PM   #972 
Elsewhere

God, I'm so sorry for ditching this thread AGAIN! Don't expect much from me anymore- school is really suckish and I have A LOT to do! Not sure if I mentioned it, but I got a baby Albino Bristlenose Pleco! He's ADORABLE and I love him to pieces! I, of course, named him Castiel (what else?) after season six Cas, since he'll most likely be cleaning up everyone else's mess ;) There was also a bit of a travesty. One of the male Barbs jumped out of the tank died on the floor. I thought he was eaten until my cat found the body and promptly brought it upstairs, leaving me with five boys and one girl. The back that has a piece missing has been adjusted now. I'm considering going out and getting four girls so that the only girl isn't bullied to much, but the problem is the size differences... They sell them so tiny, and my guys are so vicious! I have an ear out for full grown girls from breeders/ friends, though, and hopefully contacts pull through!

I've got to head out now; King Henry VIII essay due tomorrow. So close to finishing it!
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 01:12 PM   #973 
Elsewhere

Oh man it's been soooooo long! Hey guys, I'M BACK! AGAIN! Hopefully for good this time!

I come bearing sad news- Leo passed away. I was so stupid, I forgot to close the lip of the tank and he jumped and when I got home it was too late. Stupid, stupid fish.

At the moment, am, unfortunately, Betta-less. We're beginning a plan to get our house fixed up so we can move in the spring, which means less space for tanks. Man, you guys never even met Luci and he's gone. Little Lucifer, a red Betta, currently resides at a neighbour's house. I might get him back at the new house, but the kids are already attached, and he's happy there. Samandriel had gotten some Neons in his 10g, and they now live in a friend's ten (soon to be twenty) gallon with some guppies. I also rescued some Pearl Danios for a short time, and they have been rehomed as well.

Currently, I have a ten gallon set up with some juvenile Barbs. Soleil is... vicious. She killed and ate two Barbs, and so I bought four new ones, which will make the school eight. I was worried at first that the fish were sick, but I hadn't noticed any symptoms, and then I realized it was two males that had already had bite marks on them in the past few weeks from Soleil. When they step out of line, she is NOT nice. Castiel the Pleco is getting big! He's so precious I LOVE HIM! Everyone else is going strong, and hopefully I'll be able to get some pics soon.

One of the other reasons so many tanks are gone is that my mum said two tanks. My friend had been looking for more fish, so I gave her the ten's residents. But I also got a free twenty from a moving neighbour.

Guys.

It's finally happening after eight months of waiting.

The Axolotl is coming.

I AM SO EXCITED. S/HE'S GONNA LIVE IN THE TWENTY AND EAT WORMS AND PELLETS AND FEEDER FISH AND BE FRIGGIN CUTE AND I LOVE IT ALREADY I AM NAMING IT BENNY I DON'T CARE ABOUT GENDER.

EEHHEEEEEHEEEEE! I'm way too excited. I've picked out a white guy with pink gills, but I'm still tempted to switch to black.

ANYWAYS! I might start up an Axolotl journal all on it's own, or I'll keep it here and have something exciting to write about!

So the medical issues continue. I've got strep right now, and I also have a lot of crap going on that's pretty bad that could involve a lot of surgeries. So that's a heads up if I disappear again. Hoping for the best and that I can stay active! Woo!
Old 09-15-2014, 01:25 PM   #974 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Hey! WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh I'm so excited to see you back!!!

I'm sorry about all your fishy deaths and rehomings and such, I definitely can relate to that though I did it in reverse; rehomed and THEN death came >.<

Super pumped for the Axxie! I can't wait till I can have one of my own, for now, I must live vicariously through you lol!!

Old 09-15-2014, 01:54 PM   #975 
Elsewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
Hey! WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh I'm so excited to see you back!!!

I'm sorry about all your fishy deaths and rehomings and such, I definitely can relate to that though I did it in reverse; rehomed and THEN death came >.<

Super pumped for the Axxie! I can't wait till I can have one of my own, for now, I must live vicariously through you lol!!

I just managed to croak out "Lil!" as excitedly as possible and the guinea pugs started squealing. We're all excited! Aw, I'm sorry for your deaths :( I'm trying to catch up on your thread, slowly but surely, everything's a little fuzzy :p Yes, live through me! I wish I could settle on Wild or Leucistic, though, I wish I had the space! Tell me- if you could only get one (and I figure you'd go for three, haha!) which would you get?

Ugh, I just missed you so much!!!
Old 09-15-2014, 02:25 PM   #976 
Tony2632

Wow, haven't been on this thread in almost a year. Welcome back Elsewhere!!
Tony2632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 10:02 PM   #977 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yeah I'd go with the Black one but I'm extremely partial to black animals. I have a personal thing with albino or albino-like things, though the the luecistic axxies aren't as bad as some albino animals are, I do enjoy their pink gill frills but I'm still very much partial to the blacks, melanoid is nice but the wilds are better for me since it's not a mat black but is speckled which makes more interesting for me lol.
Old 09-16-2014, 12:12 PM   #978 
Elsewhere

Too many decisions! I think I might just stick with albino, he's too freakin' cute and I'm already attached! My mum thinks I won't be buying worms for him... ha. Haha. She's wrong. Oh so very wrong. I got new driftwood last night for the thirty and the axxie tank is officially set up! I can't wait for Saturday! Speaking of Saturdays, this October my friend and I are going to a Supernatural convention and it's going to be so great! If only it wasn't Thanksgiving!

I got all the pictures done, but my computer won't turn on and I can't do it through my tablet, so I'm waiting until mum's done work to upload them. Not the best pics, but they're decent enough!
Old 09-18-2014, 06:02 PM   #979 
Elsewhere

It's all set! Getting Benny on Saturday at 4pm and leaving early to pick him up some soft pellets as well as frozen bloodworms and a couple of cans of earthworms. I can't wait to finally meet the little guy!

I have tons of pictures to put here, but being sick is really sucking right now. I went to school yesterday, and I honestly don't remember even having dinner last night. I know my friend came over and that's about it, so I stayed home today, just to be safe. Posting here probably isn't smart, since I really don't know what I'm doing. See? Even now I won't shut up. I'm gonna head back to bed, and hopefully the desktop will stop being a jerk soon and I can get these pictures up!
Old 09-20-2014, 09:13 PM   #980 
Elsewhere

So... I got the axxie... he's very small, because I decided to go for a very black Melanoid, and, thanks to my mum, his name isn't Benny, but Crowley. She recently got into the show and she saw him and went 'Crowry!' and the more she said it the more I liked it. So yeah. Everything's changed. Haha. I've got pics, but nothing is working. Ugh. I'm trying, I promise!