Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-30-2013, 09:59 AM   #1 
bettafishgirl

Please help :/ (nothing emergency)

Okay, so Em planning on getting a ten gallon tank Sunday and a good new heater as well. (suggestions on the heater are appreciated)

Well, I currently have my 2.65 gallon tank set up, and a small filter going in the tank. I plan on getting a new half-moon tonight, but If I put in the new heater with it will he fry up because it is made for bigger tanks? And if so, will the poor guy survive the night?

So, to sum it all up because that wasn't really clear: Smaller tank set up. Getting Betta and heater tonight. Keeping Betta in the smaller tank overnight. Getting bigger tank in the morning. Can I put the large heater in the small tank? lol
bettafishgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:23 AM   #2 
Fin Fancier

If you're getting an adjustable heater you can just leave it on a lower setting overnight. If you're worried you won't have time to adjust it properly before you go to sleep ( I usually watch my tanks for a couple hours when adding a new heater), just leave the fish in a warmer room. One night without a heater isn't going to kill the fish.
Fin Fancier is offline   Reply With Quote