Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-15-2008, 07:14 PM   #1 
Neo

Supermans face, need help identifying prob.

Today while looking at my tank, i noticed white spots on the side of supermans head just on the right side, like the color is gone but just in one spot, i dont know if it has been like that since i got him and havent noticed it or if its something new, but if it was like that when i got him i would have noticed it i think. Anyone have any idea on what it could be?
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 08:46 PM   #2 
Flashygrrl

Perhaps posting a picture would be best? Also, check out the diseases Sticky in Emergencies...most have pics to them
Flashygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 11:21 AM   #3 
stephenmontero

could be a fungal infection which is pretty easy to treat
stephenmontero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 12:30 PM   #4 
Neo

how would i go about doing that????
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 01:04 PM   #5 

I would resist the urge to medicate fish without knowing for sure exactly what I would be treating the fish or fishes for .Many medications are for specific diseases. Most fishes immune systems will combat health issues so long as water quality is maintained through proper maint.I believe it is fair to say that 90 percent of all fish health issues are directly related to water quality. when water quality is compromised fish become stressed, this in turn weakens their immune system which makes them more prone to disease. With good water conditions many fish will recover over time. Frequent small water changes ,along with vaccuming the substrate during those water changes may be all that is neededfor fish to improve.
1077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 01:12 PM   #6 
briggadane

Betta's face

Try to figure out what it is by all means. But there is nothing wrong with using the recommended amount of salt for a day or two to help him out while you research.

That way, if it is something, you may keep it at bay or make it go away w/o medicating. If it is something, you have the ability to decide on medicating or get what is needed for treatment.
briggadane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 02:51 AM   #7 

I would respectfuly disagree. Without knowing what fish is being treated or what other fish are being kept with this fish , I would be careful with salt. Some fish do not tolerate salt at all.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:52 AM   #8 

I would respectfuly disagree. Without knowing what fish is being treated or what other fish are being kept with this fish , I would be careful with salt. Some fish do not tolerate salt at all.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:58 AM   #9 
briggadane

Superman

You can see a members tanks by clicking on the link with every post they make. You can also see Superman on other posts NEO has made.
briggadane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 04:24 PM   #10 
SST

Re: Superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by briggadane
You can see a members tanks by clicking on the link with every post they make. You can also see Superman on other posts NEO has made.
I don't see a tank blurb and I'm not about to search a member's posts to see if they maybe have posted a pic somewhere.

I think the 1077's advice throughout the thread was right on target.
SST is offline   Reply With Quote