Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-28-2013, 11:15 AM   #1 
jadaBlu

Smile Your dream theme for a tank

I am finding most decor kind of boring. I want to do other themes. One of my fish looks like a clown so I want to do a amusement park, circus or some clown other related theme. I'd like to do and India theme DK why it just appeals to me. I found one Taj Mahal tank decoration online but I don't think they make it anymore. I'd like to do other aquarium background maybe cover a print out with stick on plastic.

If you had no limits or could adapt what would your theme be?
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:28 AM   #2 
xjenuhfur

I've currently got a 10gal pirate tank, it is a first step in a theme of pirate tanks I want to make.
If I can ever get a larger tank, I want to get a GIANT sunken ship and plant the crap out of it.
xjenuhfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:04 PM   #3 
quietlythundering

Oh geeze!
Well, if I had the money....I'd have to say that I would try my best to replicate what their habitat in the wild is like. I think that would make them the happiest. :)
quietlythundering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:49 PM   #4 
VJM

I am with quietlythundering. I would have an RO unit and make soft, soft water for them, tons of IAL, plants growing emersed (somehow also with a top), and little current. Sigh.
VJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:54 PM   #5 
bettacrazygirl86

Once I'm out of college and can get a big tank and more fish and afford everything I need, I want to do a NPT with a Roman/Greek theme. I want to have a sorority and name them after the Greek/Roman goddesses. :) Petsmart has some cool decorations I could get, so that's my plan for after college or when I get my own place. NPT Roman/Greek sorority.
bettacrazygirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:10 PM   #6 
Crowntails

A planted tank with a nice piece of driftwood!
Crowntails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:05 PM   #7 
Blue Fish

I've got India Safari, Asian Cherry Blossoms (definitely my favorite), Frog Pond with water lillies, "Two Roads in a Yellow Wood", and working on Light Houses...and something with blue and white delft china...Haven't got those last two quite worked out yet. :)

I love the circus idea!! How totally adorable!! I think you could easily find some pictures online of an old-fashioned circus, print them out (you know, and resize them to the correct length/width of your tank), and use them as a tank backdrop. It doesn't have to go on the inside, you can just tape it to the back, so it doesn't even have to be waterproof.

I know where you can get an elephant. At Hobby Lobby, they have resin elephants in several sizes, and they're safe for aquariums. (I tested it out with my own fish, been in the tank for 6 months, no issues.) If you could find something that looked like a ferris wheel, that would be awesome...I wonder if one of those waterwheel filters could be taken apart and used?
Sorry to jump in on your idea, but I think it could be SOO cute, I had to mention about the elephant, if you're interested in finding one. :)
If you work it out, please, please post pictures, I think it would be so fun to see! :)
Blue Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:20 PM   #8 
Otterfun

zen style planted tanks like ADG style:

http://www.aquariumdesigngroup.com/#...0&p=2&a=0&at=0
Otterfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:44 PM   #9 
Blue Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otterfun View Post
zen style planted tanks like ADG style:

http://www.aquariumdesigngroup.com/#...0&p=2&a=0&at=0
I love those tanks!! Have you seen the ones with the tiny bonsai trees? And there's one that's a hobbit hole. If I had the time and money to devote to that level of planting, I'd love to do it. :) They are just beautiful even without any fish in them!
Blue Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:48 PM   #10 
CrazyDiamond

My dream tank would def be all natural, lots of live plants, I would love it to look like a jungle, something as close to their natural habitat as possible.
CrazyDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote