Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-03-2013, 12:27 AM   #11 
LillieCharlotte

I live right in the middle of the "average" town plaza and the "upscale" new shopping area, so i will check the new one later this week or next. I might get a second betta for my desk at work...i've decided I don't want to give up the one I have at home because he's too cute.
LillieCharlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:57 PM   #12 
bannlow2471

@ LillieCharlotte, I HIGHLY recommend getting a Betta for your office desk! I work for an amazing company that even lets me bring my (two small) dogs to work, and they are incredibly therapeutic to have around, but nothing beats my little Betta buddy if I need a little infusion of Zen. I have even had co-workers come in and ask if they can just sit in one of my desk chairs for a few minutes with their eyes closed and listen to the gurgle of the filter outflow. Plus I really get to know the fish and his habits because I sit here staring at him for nine hours a day! I am doing my best to keep my guy healthy and happy so he'll be with me a long time, but I will never again be without a Betta as an office buddy. I think my dogs are jealous!

Last edited by bannlow2471; 04-03-2013 at 02:07 PM.
bannlow2471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:05 PM   #13 
Alcemistnv

I have my bettas as dorm buddies, they work exactly the same for me. I've had a lot of friends come by and just watch them swim. One time my tow friends came and stayed for over an hour watching them.

And with baby and the sorority, I've been getting a lot more attention c:

I think sororities are the most therapuetic for me because I can watch them engage without any flaring and negativity.

But the baby is my favorite
Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:09 PM   #14 
bannlow2471

@ Alcemistnv, that's great that you are allowed to have Bettas in our dorm room - and so many! I lived in a dorm my freshman year of college and I missed my pets from home so much that I smuggled in a hamster and had to hide him in my closet under laundry every time we had our room inspections! I wish they would have let us have fish! They're such great stress relievers!
Old 04-03-2013, 03:10 PM   #15 
Alcemistnv

Quote:
Originally Posted by bannlow2471 View Post
@ Alcemistnv, that's great that you are allowed to have Bettas in our dorm room - and so many! I lived in a dorm my freshman year of college and I missed my pets from home so much that I smuggled in a hamster and had to hide him in my closet under laundry every time we had our room inspections! I wish they would have let us have fish! They're such great stress relievers!

My friend snuck a hamster in too xD
And we are allowed to have as many fish tanks as we want so long as they are 10 galons and below, house fish, and present no problems to the roommate.
Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:23 PM   #16 
bannlow2471

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcemistnv View Post
My friend snuck a hamster in too xD
And we are allowed to have as many fish tanks as we want so long as they are 10 galons and below, house fish, and present no problems to the roommate.
That's awesome!!!!