Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-17-2008, 06:33 PM   #1 
Neo

kept the danios, lmao

Ok i went to the lfs, i didnt take the danios back, instead i took the pleco back, superman was flaring up at him all the time, and flaring too much is bad for his health i kno, and i couldnt afford to get a new filter and heater for my other tank right now, but i did however come back with a new family memeber a platy, i want to know if it is male or female, it looks kinda bloated, any suggestions?
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 06:44 PM   #2 
Cody

Male Platys have a pointed anal fin (like a right triangle), while females have a fan-shaped anal fin. Males are also generally smaller in size, and mine are not as colorful as my females (My Male Red Wags are an orange-ish color).

Pics would help us sex it if none of this helps.
Cody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 06:52 PM   #3 
Neo

tht helps and i cant post up pics because for some strange reason my comp wont show any of the menus, just like when cody told me how to change my sig. i couldnt because the menus wont come up, i dunno wats going on, i should just make my fish a myspace page, so everyone could check them out, like rob dyrdek did for his dog meaty and mini horse
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 11:01 AM   #4 
Oldman47

Neo, if you look at the fish from above and it is very fat, it is probably a female and quite pregnant too. Otherwise it is usually easy to see the triangular anal fin of a female vs the long almost straight anal fin of a male. The only tim I can't tell at first glance is if the fish is swimming with the anal fin folded up against his body. At that point its anyone's guess.
Oldman47 is offline   Reply With Quote