Betta Fish Forum banner

new Male (:

736 views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  serenebeauty 
#1 ·
This is my first Betta for a while, I rescued him from Walmart yesterday and seems very happy now. He is a black orchid CT, i'm new to the world of Bettas and am not sure if he is "beautiful" in your eyes, but I think his coloring is amazing. So tell me what you think:) I also have yet to come up with a name for him, so if you have any suggestions please share.

See less See more
#7 ·
Thanks :D the employee at walmart really pushed my buttons.. I waited 10 minutes for him to come, and I asked him if he would change the water for me and he just walked away..

#8 ·
he's beautiful...i think he's a black devil not black orchid. BO's aren't supposed to have any red in their fins.

#11 ·
The red may be a side-effect of the lighting when taking pictures, kinda like red-eye but in fish scales and fins. lol
I've seen color-changes happen in images before. Like, a betta will look paler or darker sometimes, because of lighting.
I had a royal blue veiltail, but mostly my camera made him look solid black.

He's gorgeous though.
If you can see the red normally though, probably a black devil.

I hate walmart, personally. Got banned for flipping out on the fish-boy. Lol.

#15 ·
there is a little bit of red on his anal fin, and the tip of one of his rays. he also has random white tips on the ends of his pelvic fins

#16 ·
also, he tends to tuck his pelvic fins up most of the time, is this just because he's new and not quite settles in yet?

#17 ·
lots of bettas (particularly the more active ones) tuck their ventrals up most of the time, it makes them more streamlined. betta (and most gourami) ventrals really serve little to no purpose for swimming, and are usually used only as communication devices, which is why the stand down so stiffly when flared.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.