Betta Fish Forum banner

Setting up a new tank

556 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Crowntails 
#1 ·
Im new to the forums, I have been lurking a lot and researching as much as I can. But I can't really get the clear answers that I seek... So I decided to ask. I am trying to get a planted tank set up for my boy, it's a 10 gallon. I am just wondering what you guys think when it comes to filters. I plan on having my betta, and a small school of 6 tetras. What kind of filter would you guys recommend? I wanted to use a sponge, but not sure if its the best option because of the tetras. Also what do you guys think when it comes to substrate?

#2 ·
I would suggest the Tetra Whisper In-Tank Power Aquarium Filter, but only for 10 gallon or up. Its a bit of a power push out, and anything drastically smaller would send your poor fish sailing across the tank

Otherwise, this filter is long lasting and very steady.

PLEASE don't forget about the heater!

#3 ·
But will that filter be okay for my betta in that tank? I'm worried it will blow him All over and stress him out. And of course I wouldn't forget the filter! :) I already have one. I actually have a lot of fish supplies that I have bought to take care of him in his little tank. But I want to get him properly set up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.