Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-29-2013, 11:49 AM   #1 
Fifi

Kanaplex & Furan II - How to dose?

I have a male veil tail currently in a 2.5g heated (79) unfiltered temp tank. He eats well (3-4 pellets Omega1 divided into 2 feedings) & is very active. I have had slow but persistent fin rot problems. Have already tried in the past MarcynIi, salt for 10 days (1tsp/gal), Triple sulfa (began to work after 12days but rot returned. Thanx Callistra for advice on water chgs & acclimation. I am doing 50% once/wk, & 100% 1x/wk., carefully acclimating. His caudal fin, which he bit 1/3 off, seems longer to me although I never saw "whitish" regrowth. His dorsal fin seems clamped compared to what it used to look like. His anal fin, which split, never healed & has started to blacken & fray at tips. His little feeler things(sorry, don't know the technical name) have thinned considerably & one appeared bent this morning like he broke it. He has only silk plants & smooth decor & stones. Also one of his pectoral fins is missing a piece! I broke down & began Kanaplex yesterday after 2 wk break from any treatment. I was recommended to use Kanaplex & Furan II together. Do I dose both according to regular directions & add to water column? I was a little nervous about mixing drugs so I stared w/Kanaplex only. Is the thinning feelers part of fin rot problem? Thank in advance for the help! I will attach 1 pic fr. today (sorry he would NOT hold still, but you can see the clamped dorsal & bent, thin feeler).
Attached Images

Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:51 AM   #2 
Fifi

Here's a pic from a few weeks ago for comparison.
Attached Images

Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote