Betta Fish Forum banner

Cambodian Crowntail x White Marble HMDT

5K views 28 replies 14 participants last post by  Flapmon 
#1 ·
They spawned on 03/25.

The eggs hatched at about 36 hrs.

They are not free swimming yet but they should be within a day or two!

so anyways here are the proud parents!!

#8 ·
well, I had a death in the family so I had to go home for the weekend. I 40+ fry that had just become free swimming when I left on saturday morning. I educated a friend of mine on what to do with my bettas. I told her to only put a little dab of microworms in on sunday morning. I even showed her how to do it and I put a sticky note on the tank. When I got back the whole bottom of the tank had a layer of dead microworms on it....and a lot of dead fry...only 3 were left alive. so I guess I will be spawning this pair again in the near future...

#12 ·
The three that are left seem to be doing really well!! I had to get them out of the spawn tank because of all the waste and stuff. They survived almost a complete water change (it was a very long process...) and are eating well!! I'm going to try to get some pictures, but they are still pretty small. I am re conditioning the pair to spawn again in a few weeks hopefully with better results next time!

#16 ·
So I respawned them! Babies hatched last night!!!! Lots of little tails!!! I'd say around 100, but they are hard to count!!! I'm pretty excited!!! I really hope it works out this time! I can't get pictures right now because he built his nest at the back of the tank...

#21 ·
Thanks!!! So I can't get pictures of the spawn of three becaus they are in a 5 gallon tub and the sides are sort of cloudy. One of them died a few days ago...I'm not really sure why. But dad was removed and most all of them are free swimming!

#22 ·
How big are the triplets? (lol) You probably need a 2.5-3 gal tank for growout now, sadly kinda. Then divide it when they are older XD The bright side to a small spawn.

#23 ·
Can't wait for more pictures and updates! :)

#26 ·
Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I have been really busy with schoolwork. I counted 63 babies today! They are doing really well!!!! The other two we added to my room mates spawn that only had 7 and was spawned at the same time. They are doing well but I can get pictures of them because they are in a cloudy-plastic 5g tub. I will try to get some baby pics later!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.