Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-21-2008, 03:28 PM   #1 
missfish1996

Is there anything I can do?

Is there any way I can have fun with my betta like he is just sitting on my desk and is rather boring to look at.
missfish1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 03:38 PM   #2 
bettababy

Try putting one finger gently against his bowl and rub in small slow circles to get his attention. I have taught many bettas to come when called this way, and it can soon turn into a game of tag!

Bettas are highly social fish, if you don't play with them they get just as bored as you do! When you feed, try 1 pellet at a time, and each time slowly move your hand closer and closer to the surface of the water. Eventually he will learn to come take the food right from your hand.

In starting that way, I have taught many bettas to "play" with me... the possibilities are endless and will be determined by the personality of your individual fish.

And, talk to him!!!! My bettas always respond when I talk to them! They can't hear you the way people hear each other, but there are vibrations from your voice, and they learn to distinguish that from other vibrations!

Good Luck and have fun!
bettababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 03:45 PM   #3 
missfish1996

Ha that's awesome man I cant thank you enough I really thought I wasnt going to be able to do anything with him
missfish1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 08:11 AM   #4 
JMeenen

when I come home all my Bettas get all wiggly like they are happy to see me...Maybe it's a food thing..but they come right up and look at me..They are sooo cute...all 8 of em
JMeenen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 11:08 AM   #5 
bettababy

Its more likely that they are seeking attention. Bettas are known for that. Bettas are not a fish that will eat until they burst... they stop when full. Pay attention after you feed them... walk away and then return a short while later... I bet they still "go all wiggly" when they see you....
bettababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 11:10 AM   #6 
stephenmontero

my betta loves to eat blood worms right out of my hands and i have mine trained to follow my finger along the glass.
stephenmontero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 12:52 PM   #7 
JMeenen

mine eat out of my hand too
JMeenen is offline   Reply With Quote