Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-29-2013, 03:36 PM   #1 
Splendid Veil

Exclamation New aquariums! What do you think?

Just showing you guys photos of what I have set up right now. I have an empty 29 gallon that I plan on setting up soon!

First up Is my planted 6 gallon marineland Pillar aquarium! Absolutely love It. Stock: 3 balloon mollies, and 3 pygmy cories.

And here's the bettas tank!

And the double tailed male!

so what do you guys think?
Splendid Veil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:38 PM   #2 
serenebeauty

The tanks and fish are beautiful!
serenebeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:42 PM   #3 
Crowntails

Mollies need at least 20 gallon, brackish tanks. Pygmy cories need to be in schools of at least 6.
Crowntails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:49 PM   #4 
Splendid Veil

Balloon mollies do not need 20 gallons, and the tank is temporary. Im getting it cycled so I can add in a dwarf puffer to the tank. As for 6? I didn't want to over stock the tank. The balloon mollies are going into a 10 gallon, and pygmys are staying along with a single dwarf puffer.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:59 PM   #5 
tekkguy

The tanks look great. Cories do prefer 6, but 3 as a minimum is fine. I don't have any experience with balloon mollies, but they sure are pretty.

Are those plants fake? The tanks are beautifully scaped - all of the plants are very straight and uniform, but you said planted so I wasn't sure.
tekkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:04 PM   #6 
Splendid Veil

Thank you! And anubias is real, Forgot to mention that the rest are plastic! lol. I bought them from Michaels, and the plant from Petco, along with the Mopani wood.
Old 03-29-2013, 04:12 PM   #7 
VJM

You obviously have an eye for tank decoration. All of your plant choices and layouts are very well done. Super pretty!

I have real plants, so I don't have any direct experience with plastic or silk plants. It seems like most folks who do recommend silk with bettas to preserve the quality of their fins. And give them spots to rest high up in the tank. I am interested to see how yours work out over time.

I love that cylinder tank. It seems like it magnifys the interior, which looks really cool. It must have been fun to set up! Does it have a filter in the hood?
VJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:14 PM   #8 
ollief9

Fake plants are usually tacky and crude but you have made them look really beautiful and effective. I really love the look of your tanks!

I agree with Crowntails, Mollies do much better in a tank of 15-20 gallons.
ollief9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:38 PM   #9 
frankiefire

The tanks look great. I have the same pillar tank. It is cool how it magnifies everything right?
frankiefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:39 PM   #10 
Splendid Veil

Thanks everyone! It has a biowheel filter in the hood of the tank. Which keeps the water clean. I try when It comes to decorating a tank. I dislike tacky, and unrealistic tanks, which is why I always go for something natural looking. Ill see about the mollies, my empty 29 gallon might just be converted into a brackish fish tank.