Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-29-2013, 05:58 PM   #1 
dorid222

I think my baby is bloated... What do I do??

Ok so I have a 5 gallon tank that is about 80 degrees with a heater and a filter. Ph is 7.4-7.6, ammonia nitrate and nitrite 0. I've been feeding him/her 1 smashed omega betta buffet pellet per day. Then I read somewhere in a thread that babies need to eat more so I started feeding him/her 2 smashed then 2/2 per day. After feeding tonight he/she looks totally bloated. I've read on other bloating threads to fast for a day till it goes down. I'm really not comfortable with the Epsom salt but obviously if it is necessary I will do it. Please tell me what you think!!! Thanks :)
Attached Images

dorid222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:59 PM   #2 
dorid222

Here is a pic from underneath
Attached Images

Old 03-29-2013, 06:01 PM   #3 
dorid222

And another :)
Attached Images

Old 03-29-2013, 06:03 PM   #4 
LebronTheBetta

It doesn't look bloated to me... That's actually the way their stomach is supposed to be! :) Also, since it's a baby, you might want to try feeding frozen foods. They have a lot of protein that your baby needs to grow.

I think it's a boy btw, based on it's ventrals.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:07 PM   #5 
dorid222

Wow thanks! Where does one buy these frozen foods?? How much and often would I feed him those too? You're the first person ever to say it looks like a boy :) how exciting!!
Old 03-29-2013, 06:46 PM   #6 
LebronTheBetta

One usually buys it in Petsmart or any LFS. (local fish store) Go to www.fishstorefinder.com and click on the state you're in. If you're in the U.S. of course. :p But Petsmart is okay, too. I like Hikari when I buy frozen foods.

Since he's a baby, I would feed them to him everyday, or at least every other. I would get baby brine shrimp, daphnia, or even bloodworms.
Your betta needs a lot more growing to do. :) Just enjoy it's fryhood while it stays young. ^.^
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote