Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-31-2013, 11:10 AM   #11 
colorxmexravyne

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid77 View Post
Thanks!!!! :)))) So female 3 male 0 :) Gonna have to start thinking of a pretty name for her...I had thought to name her Destiny...but we'll see...maybe I'll stick to my own roots and give her a nice Italian name :)
Since your male's name is Inuyasha (assuming you watched the show at some point), you should name your girl Kagome! Or maybe Kikyou or Sango. (:
colorxmexravyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:49 AM   #12 
mermaid77

Haha Kagome DID cross my mind!!! lol I still haven't made up my mind though :)
mermaid77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:50 PM   #13 
Otterfun

the betta is very very pretty/handsome.
There's something about Cambodians, just like my CG, oh, look for a white dot on the bottom of the belly as if their poop is white sticking out 0.5-1mm or shorter.
Otterfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:54 PM   #14 
mermaid77

Thank Youuuu!!! Your CG is ADORABLE! And YES! I found it! SHE most definitely has an egg spot! I know some juvenile males may tend to also have it at times, but she's looking more like a cute little girl every day...Her dorsal fin is very slowly but surely starting to show some red...and she's already loving and making short work of exploring her new 3g upgrade :)
Old 04-06-2013, 04:43 PM   #15 
mermaid77

Week 2: She certainly has grown although her appearance hasn't changed much. She does have a tiny bit more red on her dorsal fin though the camera didn't pick it up too well... :) I finally settled on naming her Morgana...she's such an endearing little fish...and quite the jumper come feeding time! lol
Attached Images

Old 04-06-2013, 04:51 PM   #16 
mermaid77

....And introducing "Peanut", baby #2 :) I couldn't resist...lol but s/he IS my last...no really, I mean it! lol S/he is about half of Morgana's size...but with such a different appearance...I don't know...what do you guys think? Boy? That's what I'm currently leaning towards....
I can't wait to see how s/he will turn out! As of now his finnage appears yellow with a deep, almost navy blue or black edging...
Attached Images

Old 04-10-2013, 01:04 PM   #17 
konstargirl

AWWW!!! Your Morgana is getting big and Peanut is adorable too. Maybe Peanut will be a male..
konstargirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:24 AM   #18 
mermaid77

Thank You!!! :) Yeah she's a sweetheart! She's my little 'special needs' girl...she just had another bout of SBD...Apparently she's very prone to it, as I quickly discovered on her first day home, so I'll have to feed her a little less (again) and hope that she'll get sufficient enough nutrition to support a healthy growth....
I ordered some of that Vita Chem product. It seems to have some pretty good reviews and so I'm hoping it will help supplement their diet as well as fortify their immune system...but the seller seems to be taking his time in shipping it...
I just lost my adult boy...and so I'm putting my all into ensuring these two at least will have a healthier start in life...

I tip my hat off to all those who rescue ill pet store bettas. It certainly is challenging. Inuyasha was my first fish, and honestly, I was aiming for a healthy one so that I wouldn't have a hard time getting into fish keeping....but he was definitely a learning experience, though at the same time, a discouraging one :(

Morgana I did set out to rescue....she looked pitiful in her dirty cup, which tested at 4ppm, and just too adorable to leave behind. How is it possible she was still alive??? But even with her, I fervently hoped she'd be well once she simply got into some warm, clean water....
I hope she'll grow out of this SBD thing eventually...I noticed even at her best, she's still a bit of an awkward swimmer....she's swift and all, has no trouble coming up for air, exploring every nook and cranny of her tank, she's very active, loves to jump, but she's almost always at a slight angle...be it head slightly up or tail slightly up....:/ Anyway, I'm comforted by the fact that at least it's not a fatal disease...

On the other hand, "Peanut" now aka Merlin :), is coming along 'swimmingly'! lol Thank God, he at least seems perfectly healthy! He'll soon be inheriting Inuyasha's 5g planted tank (that he only got to enjoy for about a week :( ) . I say he's definitely a male, complete with his little 'beard', and now has some nice iridescent teal blue color coming in on the fins too :) He'll definitely be more interesting to watch grow since his changes are already more drastic than Morgana's...I'm still patiently waiting for her dorsal fin to color up...but my little girl's getting there too, slowly but surely ;)

Anyway, I'll probably post more pics this weekend! :)
Old 04-12-2013, 02:38 AM   #19 
mermaid77

I don't know what's wrong...my Morgana isn't doing well...epsom salt isn't helping and she's just laying at the bottom. Occasionally she'll awkwardly swim about...vertically.
I've been doing some more research online and one main thing that concerns me is that symptoms of SBD are sometimes caused by fish TB when internal organs are affected. I seriously hope it's not that....I foolishly clean my tanks with my bare hands and I do have a cut....of course I find this all out AFTER the fact....God, I'm so stupid...I know it's not fatal or anything, but if that's what she's had all along and I do get infected............oh what a pain in the a##!!!!!! :(((((((((( I so hope she recovers.....
Old 04-12-2013, 04:40 AM   #20 
mermaid77

Well it's past 5:30 AM and I'm still up....so sad and frustrated as it seems I've had nothing but the worst luck with my poor fish thus far...
Morgana seems to be getting worse by the minute...she's now laying on her side....
This came on so suddenly....and if SBD isn't supposed to be fatal, then it's quite obvious this isn't it....:( or at least not her only problem. Her body is pretty transparent...what I notice is something like an air bubble that extends to the base of her tail...which she's pretty much had since day one. I don't know much about fish anatomy, but I'm assuming that IS the effect of a swollen swim bladder?
I'm not going to bother posting her condition under the 'disease and emergency' section....she already looks like she's on her last breath....
Just thought I'd still go ahead and mention it here, and perhaps if anyone should come across it, they'd be willing to share their thoughts on the matter....

Thanks...