Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-29-2013, 05:45 PM   #1 
Fenghuang

The Ones That Got Away

Ever seen a betta in a store or online that just called to you, but the circumstances just weren't right? This thread is for those bettas. I'll start.

First is a multicoloured crowntail I saw on my most recent visit to Petsmart last Tuesday. The betta sale was still going on and they had way too many worse for wear bettas sitting on the shelves. He was without a doubt the most beautiful fish in the store. When I lifted his cup to get a better look at him, he had the most indignant expression on his face like he knew he deserved to be somewhere much nicer. (I am definitely anthropomorphizing, but don't we all?) This was the day after telling another member on this site that I wanted to steal their betta who looked just like him too.

Early in the month, at the same store, I saw these two veiltails. One was an orange with splashes of blue, and two was a pink/purple/lavender with silvery fins. I really do regret leaving these two behind. I was literally bringing them up to the register to pay for them when I stopped myself.

Fenghuang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:53 PM   #2 
xShainax

These two yesterday
Attached Images

xShainax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:12 AM   #3 
Polkadot

The other week I saw a pink male halfmoon,he was SO beautiful.The same day I saw an orange male veiltail & a blue and red female.Last week I saw the cutest little white male veiltail & this lovely pink/red coloured male veiltail who has been at the shop for ages.Sigh.I wanted them all.
Polkadot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:08 AM   #4 
caissacrowntails

The CT really has nice colors :), his colors combo looks quite rare to me
caissacrowntails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:31 AM   #5 
Goodbettabest

I just bought my third betta today, a beautiful blue, red & black halfmoon. Problem was that i also wanted to bring home the white halfmoon that was on the shelf next to him.... i felt so guilty leaving him behind
Goodbettabest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:50 AM   #6 
Artemis

I saw an extended red VT yesterday you flared like heck. I would have snatched them but he wasn't going to be there much longer and my Dominic needed me and called me more.
Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:40 AM   #7 
Fenghuang

xShainax: Both those are very nice. Was the first one an EE?

Goodbettabest: Yeah, it's so hard when you're torn between two and can only pick one. But people do seem to like white bettas, so maybe he won't be there very long.

Do you guys find it harder to leave behind a betta knowing it probably wouldn't be bought because it wasn't the healthiest and didn't have any flashy colours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by caissacrowntails View Post
The CT really has nice colors :), his colors combo looks quite rare to me
What colour combination would that even be? He just looks so different...
Old 03-30-2013, 11:25 AM   #8 
caissacrowntails

What colour combination would that even be? He just looks so different...[/quote]

exactly, Feng...I rarely saw that kind of color scheme too ( never on a ct )..but I'm guessing he probably a cross of marble x cambodian. had some "dragon" gene too apparently, and that kind of colors..is enough for me to make a decision to buy and try to breed him if I can LOL.

Last edited by caissacrowntails; 03-30-2013 at 11:27 AM.
caissacrowntails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:30 AM   #9 
Fenghuang

It looked like he had some dragon scaling going on too, but I am no good at identifying such things. He looks like a female betta a member on this site has, but she's not a crowntail, if I remember correctly, and her pattern was not as random.

I wish someone who lived close enough and had the room took a liking to him. I would hate to think that he ended up dying on the shelf because no one bought him. The Petsmart was way overstocked for the sale.

Last edited by Fenghuang; 03-30-2013 at 11:47 AM.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:32 PM   #10 
xShainax

The first one wasn't an EE, if he was I would have snatched him up. xD
xShainax is online now   Reply With Quote