Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-04-2013, 05:14 PM   #1 
betta4u

help! white things on my betta's face

I've had him for about couple of weeks now in a fish bowl. I know it's too small for them. I am planning on changing the tank to may be 2.5 gallon. I do 30 percent water change almost daily. always checking ammonia level. hes swimming perfectly fine, eating perfectly fine. hes actually eating alot.
I am a little concerned about his face. when i first got him he already had the white things but i feel like its spreading more. does my fish look healthy? is there anything wrong with him??
betta4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:01 PM   #2 
jibruno

could be ick?
is it like puffy and look like mold, or is it look like part of the skin?
jibruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 03:50 AM   #3 
betta4u

its not puffy at all and i have no idea... he just came like that so im guessing its part of his skin..
betta4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:25 AM   #4 
shellieca

Looks like his coloring to me. If you're not seeing anything fuzzy & his behavior is good, he's eating at this point I wouldn't worry. They do tend to change colors. I have a male of similar coloring & had the same type coloring on his face, he has now turned more of a burgundy. When it 1st started I thought he had injured himself.
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote