Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-30-2013, 05:56 PM   #1 
JJChocolate88

Worried for Nothing: My Fry Have Just Hatched

I was worried for nothing. I went and looked with a microscope and my fry have hatched. they are REALLY REALLY tiny...

so, the next step should be to leave the male in there for a day until they start free swimming correct? then i need to take him out and start feeding them microworms?

Right now it looks like they're just falling out of the nest or kinda swimming vertically only, when they start swimming horizontally then i take the male out right?
JJChocolate88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:07 PM   #2 
JJChocolate88

Video of My Fry Hatching

I don't know if you can see it very well, but here is a video of the fry hatching. You can't see it very well, but they are the little specks swimming.

Now tell me when they start swimming horizontally will it be very obvious that its time to take the male out?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP3Y3V8jThQ

I think some of the fry have died already and are on the bottom of the tank, should I siphon them out now or wait to be sure they haven't just fallen down?
Old 03-30-2013, 06:29 PM   #3 
Myates

I would take this time to look some things up.. read the breeding stickies on the top of this section, look up videos on youtube, etc. Lots of answers to these questions right at the top of this forum.

Breeders use different methods when removing the male.. some will remove prior to free swimming, some will remove right after, some will leave them in for as long as possible - sometimes until the fry are near full grown.

Don't do anything right now at all - just leave the male to be and do his thing. Disturbing him may just cause him to eat the babies in fear.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:34 PM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

What foods do you have to feed the fry?
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:27 PM   #5 
JJChocolate88

okay, i'll go do all the research i can right now and i meant to say magnifying glass, not microscope btw.

thanks