Old 03-30-2013, 09:50 AM   #2 
phikhanhs
Banned

right now im currently condition my betta 5 - 10 minute per day
Condition this pair for 1 week

I wonder next step to do
so put male in the tank and female in a glass vase or chimney
wait for a couple hour or until she show breeding strip

Last edited by phikhanhs; 03-30-2013 at 09:52 AM.
phikhanhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 03:07 PM   #3 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by phikhanhs View Post
right now im currently condition my betta 5 - 10 minute per day
Condition this pair for 1 week

I wonder next step to do
so put male in the tank and female in a glass vase or chimney
wait for a couple hour or until she show breeding strip
I think you are misunderstanding something. "Conditioning" is not introducing the female to male. It's more of mass feeding with nutritious foods. Your male will most likely fast the whole breeding and fry rearing period. He will need to store lots of energy.

Once both have been fatten up, then you start introducing them. If both flirt swim, then put the male in the breeding tank and the female floating in a jar or chimney. Once you think they're ready, release the female and let them do their thing.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:06 PM   #4 
phikhanhs
Banned

thank and give me any advice ^^
Old 03-30-2013, 09:08 PM   #5 
phikhanhs
Banned

but condition the pair 5- 10 minute per day and I feed them bloodworm and pellet\

both of them are flaring and what is flirt swim
Old 03-30-2013, 09:11 PM   #6 
phikhanhs
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by indjo View Post
I think you are misunderstanding something. "Conditioning" is not introducing the female to male. It's more of mass feeding with nutritious foods. Your male will most likely fast the whole breeding and fry rearing period. He will need to store lots of energy.

Once both have been fatten up, then you start introducing them. If both flirt swim, then put the male in the breeding tank and the female floating in a jar or chimney. Once you think they're ready, release the female and let them do their thing.
it almost like preparing to breed and eat nutrious food and you start introducing them for how many minute?

Last edited by phikhanhs; 03-30-2013 at 09:14 PM.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:58 PM   #7 
indjo
TFK Moderator

The key to breeding is a very healthy pair. You can exercise healthy pairs 5-10 minutes daily. I give mine much much longer exercises (30-60min (not advised)). But when exercising, you don't have to use the pair to be bred. You can flare them to any betta or mirror.

Look at youtube videos on betta fighting and betta breeding. Compare the way they flare/swim. When a betta fights, it will flare and maintain its position. But when a betta wants to breed, it will flare but swim all over the tank, hoping the other will follow it. This flare/swimming style applies to both sexes.

I don't look for bubble nests when choosing my pair. I look for those who would flirt flare/swim then just piop them together at the same time in the breeding tank. I AM NOT ADVISING THIS FOR YOU. I advise you to use the floating jar method - safer for the breeders.

Usually a healthy betta will want to breed and will almost always flirt when exercised. Assuming that your bettas are healthy and in breeding mode, plus you have everything set, then you can put the male in the breeding tank and female floating. Give them a day or two then if both are still in breeding mode, release female.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:47 PM   #8 
phikhanhs
Banned

thank you ^^
Old 04-02-2013, 09:04 PM   #9 
phikhanhs
Banned

any other people who wanted to help me ^^
Im glad if anyone can give me advice
Old 04-02-2013, 09:41 PM   #10 
Jayloo

I do it different each time. Just depends on the pair. If I have an overly aggressive pair, I do a ten gallon. Gives them more room to chase/hide. A meek pair might need a smaller container forcing them together/closer. Do what you are most comfortable with. Feed your fish well. Pull them out if the spawning tank if too much damage is occurring. You are the judge if it all. Welcome to breeding!
Jayloo is offline   Reply With Quote