You may have known already, but here what I'd do next:
(1) Take the female out when she goes into hiding.
(2) Leave the light on, and turn the filter off.
(3) Your choice of whether to feed the male. I do feed them a little twice a day, and only if he takes the food.
(4) When the frys are free swimming, take the male out, turn on the filter a little bit (when you see water coming off the sponge filter). Turn off the light at night.
(5) You can then start feeding the frys. I would start with Vinegar eels for the first 2 weeks (if you have them), together with microworms, or just microworms if you don't have the eels.
(6) Don't change water until frys are 2-week old, but do it if you have fouled water. Siphoning out the waste into a jar, and then try to recover any tiny frys that got accidentally siphoned out.
Water quality and presense of wiggling tiny food are the 2 keys to fry surviving till adulthood.
Last edited by VincentTH; 04-12-2013 at 04:42 PM.