Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-30-2013, 12:36 PM   #1 
caissacrowntails

Question Opinions on which breeders

guys, I'm going to spawn this girl here

with any of these males...here they are..

Now, even though the males looks almost the same, not all of them came from same spawn. So, if it's you, which male will you breed with her? and please give me your "why" :)

Last edited by caissacrowntails; 03-30-2013 at 12:37 PM. Reason: some explanation on background
caissacrowntails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:51 PM   #2 
LebronTheBetta

I think the 2nd or 3rd are best. :)

2nd - Nice, neat rays. His topline is nice and not bending. Ventrals are long as his anal fin as well. He has a 180* spread, right?

3rd - 180* spread. His topline is spooning a little. His rays are a little messy, hard water?

I don't like the first (for breeding) because of his back spooning a little and no 180* spread. I know the 180* spread is a little hard to find in CTs but it is a major fault if he doesn't have it. His ventrals also don't look much CT.

But they are some fine CTs if I must say.

I'm still learning about the faults and necessities so anyone who's more knowledgeable can correct me. :)
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:20 PM   #3 
Myates

Personally, # 1 or 3.. 1 has a bigger spread, can see it go up behind the dorsal more (the way he's holding it makes it look less), 3 has a nice spread too.. both have spoon heads, and so does the female so you will need to work that out of the line as you go.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:00 PM   #4 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Although #3 has the best spread, but his rays are too thin and his rays are not apart. Personally I prefer rays that are apart and firm.

Since #1 and 2 look similar, I'd say breed to #1 because he has better spread.
indjo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:24 PM   #5 
Option

I like the lighter colored head of male 1, but the red on male 3 is simply more fierce! So I'd probably choose male 3 ultimately.
Option is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:18 AM   #6 
caissacrowntails

Thx guys, I realized that in terms of form and finnage, these candidates are not the best, I'm just interested because they carry marble and "dragon" gene, And based on what u guys said...probably I'll go with no.3, true his rays are "weak", so I will try to work on colors first, then later improve form and finnage by crossing to better form, probably my crossray line. :)
Old 03-31-2013, 11:26 AM   #7 
Myates

They aren't dragons, were one of the parents dragons? You will doubtfully get any dragons as neither of the parents have strong dragon genes, if any at all.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:23 PM   #8 
caissacrowntails

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myates View Post
They aren't dragons, were one of the parents dragons? You will doubtfully get any dragons as neither of the parents have strong dragon genes, if any at all.
no they aren't, but they do have "dragon" gene, I know the possibility is quite slim, I intend to use this line-to-be as "intermediate" or a "bridge" between my " "color focus" line and "form focus" line :)
Old 03-31-2013, 01:33 PM   #9 
Hadoken Kitty

I would breed number 1. His BF pattern is cleaner and he has a large spread. Besides, I love his rays!!! Watch for the spooning, though.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:34 PM   #10 
MoonShadow

1 is the best overall IMO, strong rays, good reduction in webbing between rays, good spread, really nice dorsal. None of them have great toplines, but that can be worked on. If they all hold the dragon gene, then I would work with the best formed male which IMHO is the first one
MoonShadow is offline   Reply With Quote