Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-30-2013, 11:51 PM   #11 
Bombalurina

That right there is the reason that fish suffer so much - the "It's just a fish" complex. People used to use "It's just a native" to enslave black people or slaughter indigenous people, or "It's just a woman" to disregard their opinions and sanction domestic tyranny. What makes it "just" a fish? It is sentient, intelligent, and going to die. It's not "just" anything.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:13 PM   #12 
jadaBlu

If you will only be grounded------- if she happened to see him.You could get him in your house with a backpack put plastic bags around it so the cup doesn't fall over in the backpack. Anything from stuffed animals, pillows, to clothes could used to conceal him should she poke her head in your room if needed until your 30 gallon is ready.
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:27 PM   #13 
percyfyshshelley

Good luck elsewhere! I hope you find a way to rescue him. If you manage to do so, and get him healthy for travel, I'll happily take him if you can't keep him yourself or find him a home locally. I'm in Canada and will pay shipping. I'm just making another 20gal divided, always room for one more!
percyfyshshelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:39 PM   #14 
alwaysaBettaLover

Oh man. I saw this betta I really wanted, and my mom said the same thing. I feel for ya.
alwaysaBettaLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:45 PM   #15 
Elsewhere

Okay, this may all be resolved... One of my friends on Facebook posted a picture of a Betta she got yesterday, and it is nearly IDENTICAL to the one in the store... I seriously hope he's the one, because she's great with her fish. I think her longest Betta live 6 years. I'll still check it out tomorrow or Tuesday, but hopefully he's safe and sound!
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 04:27 PM   #16 
percyfyshshelley

Oh I hope so!
Old 03-31-2013, 04:30 PM   #17 
Hadoken Kitty

Ugh. This is why I want to work in the fish section of a pet store. I don't even care which one at this point.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:49 PM   #18 
percyfyshshelley

That would new awesome if someone like you worked in the fish section of a pet store. Yesterday I heard a petland employee tell a customer that "bettas live in puddles" grrrrr...
Old 03-31-2013, 08:01 PM   #19 
logisticsguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by percyfyshshelley View Post
That would new awesome if someone like you worked in the fish section of a pet store. Yesterday I heard a petland employee tell a customer that "bettas live in puddles" grrrrr...
Petland. The stores in Alberta are a complete joke. QT is a must if you buy from them. I cant even look in the betta dept. anymore it just hurts to see slowly dying betta in filthy cups looked after by a betta clueless employee who works for a company that couldnt care less. I know there must be some good Petland stores (I hope) but the one near me is pitiful and very expensive.
logisticsguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:12 PM   #20 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

The two petland expresses near me are actually very good- most if not all of their bettas are in good health, the managers/employees care and are committed (and actually know a thing or two about the things they sell). I have bought a few beautiful fish from them (mostly females. They sell them like they are all the same for $5, so I got my dragonscale geno hm female from there for cheap.). Male vt, ct, and dt are reasonable, the rest are to pricy. The non-express petland near me is fine, they take proper care of everything, but the employees there are useless. One time two of them were kissing when they should have been helping customers, another time there were three teenagers who obviously were just working there because it was a job standing and chatting in a corner. So yea, that's my experience with petland. You really need to go on a store-by-store basis.
MattsBettas is online now   Reply With Quote