Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-31-2013, 12:04 AM   #1 
Lyonfish

Betta Connection

I don't actually own a betta at the moment, but I'm probably getting one Monday. So the other day when I was walking through my local PetSmart getting bird food when I spotted this beautiful betta! I'm so bummed I didn't get him but I was leaving on vacation the next day and didn't want to buy a fish and just leave it alone for several days. It's been bothering me for several nights now that I didn't get him though. I just felt this immediate connection with the fish. He was a big silvery dragon PK. I really hope he's still there Monday so I can get him. Before seeing him I actually didn't like PKs because I think the long fins look so beautiful, and PKs don't have long fins, but I just fell in love with this fish!
Lyonfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:02 AM   #2 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

I love PK to (not that I don't love my other fish!). I find that while long fin types look graceful and really nice, PK and females are more active and have neat personalities. I keep long fin, short fin, females, males... And I love them all for different reasons. Congrats on your find.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:26 AM   #3 
jag14

I have a PK type betta, he is very active and very friendly. I am training him to flare at my fingers and have recently started throwing in a small fishing float for him to fight with. He does have a lot of personality for such a small fish.
jag14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:01 PM   #4 
majesticstorm

I hope he's there when you go there on Monday!
I was like you at first too. I was always attracted to bettas with the long flowing fins because they looked so graceful. But after my first PK, I love them and probably won't go back to long-finned bettas unless there's one that really catches my eye. They're so active and best part is that I don't have to worry as much about their fins snagging/tearing and leading to secondary infection.
majesticstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:02 PM   #5 
Artemis

I'm going to be getting 4-5 females on Friday. I'm going to choose (Lol like that's gonna happen they choose you) 2 based on looks and 2 based on personality. I like how active females are.
Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:21 PM   #6 
Auburn Sakura

I know how you feel about the connection. :) My mother and myself have both experienced that when we were looking at bettas at Petco. My mother especially. Betta fish are just such amazing creatures, as well as all animals and even plants. :D I really hope you get that fish on Monday. So, my mother and I wish you the best of luck! 8D
Auburn Sakura is offline   Reply With Quote